The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just trying to put some water through my new to me sprayer to check my rate controller and calibrate the electronic sight gauge. Case ih 4440 with aim command pro and a Viper 4. I can't seem to get the pump to turn on. I tried for awhile and eventually got it on and sprayed out a tank parked. Now I filled it up again and the pump won't turn on. Screen is giving me a warning of zero pressure. If I go to the side controls I can turn it on the pump every time but I shut it off, hop back in the cab and she won't turn on. My previous sprayer was the older version of aim so I'm not used to the monitor switching the pump etc. Maybe I'm doing something stupid, I sure wouldn't rule that out!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This was with the pro powered on. I tried running it with the pro off as well I believe. Seems like I tried everything to the point of where my head is spinning and I can't remember what I did and didn't do 😱. In any case it's working now and I'm not sure what I did different so that's a little scary!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so now I've tried folding and unfolding abit and that will shut the pump off sometimes. In all my reading last night I read about you torriem having some trouble with a wiring harness over the rear rack. I'm starting to think I have that same problem!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Could easy be. When calibrating the accuvolume, definitely do it with the Aim command pro off (just power off the monitor, leave the console switch in auto). When AC Pro is off, it should pass through all the sensors (flow, pressure) to the Raven rate controller. If you look under the sprayer near your solution pump you should see the rate controller mounted to a bracket. You'll see a mess of cables. Basically the sprayers harness normally connects directly to the Raven controller, but with Aim Command Pro, a harness coming from the back of the sprayer will plug in between the sprayer harness and the Raven controller. You could try unplugging this Aim Command Pro intercept plugs and plug the sprayer harness directly into the Raven Rate controller. This will remove Aim Command Pro from the equation, at least for testing. In this configuration I'm not sure if the poppets will open when you turn on the booms, but certainly the pump should go.

Definitely sounds like it could be an Aim Command Pro wiring problem. when I was fighting this issue, it would shut the pump off even if the Aim Command Pro monitor was off because the various sensor signals that were supposed to be passed through were glitching. My harness had damage right at the front of the bottom left arm that lifts the rack. The cable had pulled underneath the arm and as the rack lifted up it would stretch the harness, if that makes sense.

A new Aim Command Pro harness was $1600, which is a lot of money but if you're not wanting to make your own harness like I did, it's probably easiest to just pay for it. I'd have to spend some time documenting the harness again for you if you want to run your own wires (and if you have some DT and DTM Deutsch pins available).

·
Registered
818 Posts
Buddy had some trouble getting a viper 4 to spin the chains on a floater. Turns out it has to be set to radar instead of wheel sensor. If you've got a precision guy at a local dealer I would try get them out to go through things.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did some more checking and found at about 75% boom height the pump consistently cut out. So with some wire wiggling and cutting loom actually found a wire that was broken inside the coating. It was on the lower arm where it pivots to the boom rack. I really appreciate the help!
So just calibrate with the pro off and open the boom end flush valves? I don't have bypasses. I had tried calibrating with the pro on and the boom flush valves open and it came out over 100 gallon short of when I just ran a full tank through with no stoppages. I thought maybe I was putting to much product through for all the starting and stopping.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
On my sprayer, someone before me had spliced some broken wires and that probably worked for a long time. Eventually I started having even more problems. When wires stretch it's very difficult to determine if there are more breaks and where they might be. So eventually you might find your need to replace more of the wire. You could probably replace large sections of wire in that harness. Like several feet on each side of the damaged area.

Yes calibrate with Aim Command Pro off. Then use the gallon readout from your Raven monitor to calibrate the accuvolume. I typically calibrate by spraying out through the largest nozzles. That way I can keep up some boom pressure which might make the turbine flow meter spin better. I dunno.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts