Votes: 10 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
I think most of this will sort itself out in the future and we are just wasting our breath(or keystrokes) at this point discussing it.
Beats wasting key strokes on Bozo.

Guess you didn’t notice that link is a year and a half old, never a good sign when you can’t find current data.

Yes, this will sort itself out. In 2018.

And by pure fluke I generated a reverse bell curve. A concave curve.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
All it would take is for them to close down a road for a few hours on a couple of days to allow the equipment in and that issue is solved. Moving it a few weeks later in the season might matter to some guys but I am spraying all summer and it will always be a game-time decision. There is really no break for spraying in summer here anymore. The big thing is how the city of Regina views hosting that show and how well they accommodate it.

Is attendance at FPS down?
http://www.myfarmshow.com/public/images/newsMedia/Media+Release_CFPS+Results+(2).pdf
Attendance down slightly at Canada?s Farm Progress Show | 620 CKRM
Looks like it is similar over the years, holding up last year not bad considering poor weather and an ongoing drought. So if not I wonder why are we even discussing this? Have we seen what a rain event does to AIM? I think most of this will sort itself out in the future and we are just wasting our breath(or keystrokes) at this point discussing it.
Well I can waist some more time. I think it all comes down to bang for the buck for manufacturers or costs/return of these shows. All in all I think its pretty cheap advertising for them. I think the costs for them to be at the FPS have been rising. I would think to get a show like AIM going they would've had to make it attractive to get players to play. In Western Canada there's a lot of shows for these mfg.'s to attend, they're all pretty similar. The city of Regina and the WCFPS organizers can figure out how to be more competitive if they so chose.
One thing the WCFPS does do and that is to facilitate a lot of international business.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I like the Regina show. I can day trip it and see what I need. Saskatoon you basically need a day to travel there and back. Why does don have a hate on for Regina farm show did they bad mouth a lexion one year?

·
Super Moderator
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
I like the Regina show. I can day trip it and see what I need. Saskatoon you basically need a day to travel there and back. Why does don have a hate on for Regina farm show did they bad mouth a lexion one year?
No hate, have always enjoyed it, been to all but one, sent my folks about 30 years ago.
So, been to 97.5% of FP’s but only 66.6% of the AIMs
I, however, am a realist.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Beats wasting key strokes on Bozo.

Guess you didn’t notice that link is a year and a half old, never a good sign when you can’t find current data.

Yes, this will sort itself out. In 2018.

And by pure fluke I generated a reverse bell curve. A concave curve.
Couldn't agree more about wasting keystrokes on either bozo, they do seem popular on here though.

I think the two links represented the last two years. Both strong attendance and a slight dip YOY given the dryness and poor crop in the immediate area of FPS probably makes sense.

Hardly cause to shut the show down.:wink:

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
It's only 234 km between Regina and Saskatoon.
Forget the farm show, you guys need to go vehicle shopping.
From my farm AIM is 720km and with the turns and cities I can safely say 8 hours, Regina is 411km with a 110km speed limit hwy = closer to 4hours. But thanks for the directions from the guy in AB. :7:

·
Super Moderator
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
From my farm AIM is 720km and with the turns and cities I can safely say 8 hours, Regina is 411km with a 110km speed limit hwy = closer to 4hours. But thanks for the directions from the guy in AB. :7:
Oh, you're welcome!
You’d be amazed at what goggle maps can do!
I just used Brandon because some people don’t have decent locations.
That is certainly my fault, and completely explains such a critical error.

·
Registered
456 Posts
The city of Regina has to change it's attitude to this show . They are creating way to many problems for the dealers getting machinery to the show, parking is a joke for show goers. I've talked to several dealers and I think all it's going to take is one of the big guys to say we've had it and when they loose them the show will be finished. I hope I'm wrong, but I can see this happening. One dealer told me there is a group that is trying to get organized and set up a show east of the city in the emerald park area. So you know FPS has problems unless Regina changes it's attitude.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
FFS you guys!!! your arguing about the revelevance and quality of a farm show :rolleyes: and its only November!!! some of you are as passionate about one show over the other like some are when it comes to combine a over combine b or wether an auto shift is better than a standard transmission. everyone has a preference.

Some have based there choice on their location and timing of the show

State your preference and why!! Leave it at that

FWIW. I prefer Regina and Brandon show. Both are a one day in and out of the city to see what I wanna see and go out for supper and drive home. I get that everyone to the north likes AIM for various reasons but I bet the biggest is for the same reason everyone that picked FPS did. Location Also for three years now I have said let's go to saskatoon show and when the time comes everyone agrees it is too far and too hot. So let's go to the lake!

Don I'll take your bet!!!! 100 bucks says that FPS will around in one form or another for a very long time ( I don't think the organizers or the Regina chamber of commerce are about to let that money tree die off)

·
Super Moderator
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Don I'll take your bet!!!! 100 bucks says that FPS will around in one form or another for a very long time ( I don't think the organizers or the Regina chamber of commerce are about to let that money tree die off)
Ah, that would require a more accurate description than “very long time”!
Interesting you mention Regina chamber of commerce, Regina is becoming a more urbanized center, not so sure agriculture plays as big a role as you may think in their future plans.
Sure, FP has served Regina well for forty years but in whole scheme of things I’m not sure the slow culture shift will support it.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Ii also said one form or another so if they re brand it it is still a farm show in Regina

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
To bad the new stadium didn’t have a roof, with all the other new buildings could of had a **** of a show in the winter time.

The people that run Regina will come back around and make it easiers and more affordable for the vendors. If they don’t, they will look silly with all those new trade buildings and one major show per year there. Agribtion.

·
Super Moderator
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
To bad the new stadium didn’t have a roof, with all the other new buildings could of had a **** of a show in the winter time.

The people that run Regina will come back around and make it easiers and more affordable for the vendors. If they don’t, they will look silly with all those new trade buildings and one major show per year there. Agribtion.
That huge development isn’t being built to crater to any segment specially, their foresight to build it tells me they have plans for this complex, if it includes the two cited farm specific events fine but I can assure you it’s not the only thrust they are aiming for.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'd vote neither. The timing for both shows is pretty bad. FPS from a workload standpoint and AIM from a weather standpoint. Walking the large grounds in 30+ degree weather isn't appealing when there are other things to do. AIM also doesn't have a large amount of smaller booths.

I haven't been to Agritechnica for 10 years so aside from it, I would say Ag Days is my favourite show. It is big, lots to see, very diverse equipment and it is at a time of year where taking a day or two off is much easier swallowed.

If FPS was at a different time, maybe in early March, I think it could stay around for a long time. Move it all indoors.

Hannover's fairgrounds are more towards the outskirts, but getting equipment like a cotton picker or big potatoe or sugar beet harvesters can't be easy either. Most equipment however would be under 3.5m. I don't think what they do in Regina, as in driving the gear there, would fly in Hannover. It is a much more renowned show, so the cost of getting stuff there likely plays less of a role.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts

Frankly that's how I see it playing out. Agribition + AIM + Crop production. Just makes sense.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts