The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It time for me to change my chaffer in my 1688 I harvest 90% winter wheat and hard red spring and tiny bit of barely . thinking about going to Gorden's air jet chaffer or a Lowen would like to hear any feed back thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
A friend of mine in Scotland has an airjet and he says it is the best machinery investment he has ever made. The sample is unbeliveable!! I may get one if we make a bit of money this harvest!!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
montana, I've seen times that they work ok like in beans & corn but when it comes to small grains that have had some kind of stress meaning natural desaters. They are hard to work with. Had alot of customers go back to OEM chaffer's in my area. I would find someone in your area and see what they think. Just my 2 cents hope it helps. Happy & safe 4TH.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Quote:montana, I've seen times that they work ok like in beans & corn but when it comes to small grains that have had some kind of stress meaning natural desaters. They are hard to work with. Had alot of customers go back to OEM chaffer's in my area. I would find someone in your area and see what they think. Just my 2 cents hope it helps. Happy & safe 4TH.

You would'nt happen to know a little about what screens were used, and if they tryed a different screen size before they gave up on the air jet would you? If you think it through and study the way the air jet works, you might find a few supprises. The important thing is to have a few screen sizes available to change out. Its not just the hole size that does the work, it is also the web size between the holes that do the work too.

I realize this is written text and only so much can be said at a sitting, so I dont mean to offend anyone by the way I say things. But, it has been my experience, and that's all it is, that in general, the majority (that means not all, but most) of the failed attempts at using new aftermarket accessories are because of a misunderstanding of the theories or not enough time is spent trying all relative adjustments. That's just been my experience and observation, nothing more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts