The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have no AC in my sprayer, due to a bad leak in the high pressure hose. I have the new hose, and I was waiting on the AC guy to come and change it, vacuum out the system and charge it again. But I've been waiting to long, and it's really unbearable. So if I change it my self, and add a couple cans of coolant, will this really screw things up? I'll still have him come, and vacuum later.. But I need a solution now!! It's embarrassing spraying in my gitch.

·
Registered
257 Posts
It's likely not recommended, but I have done that before.

Replaced a hose, threw some duracool and oil at it and then had it properly evacuated and recharged a few weeks later.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's likely not recommended, but I have done that before.

Replaced a hose, threw some duracool and oil at it and then had it properly evacuated and recharged a few weeks later.
Haha.. Good, I was probably going to do it regardless.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That's a good question. I think it'll be ok for a couple days without vacuuming 1st. I had the AC go out of both my tractors this spring and it was miserable, almost life threatening. What I did is I made a ice bath up in the yard and every two hours I would go sit in the bath tub to cool down my core temperature. I tried to buy a AC vac in the nearby town but nobody had any! Talk about crappy capitalism when I want to buy one and no one has one. The only place we can buy what we want is from the Chinese these days because they don't have all the regulations preventing us from buying what we want

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have left the high side hose disconnected and plugged, and then jumped the compressor to pull a vacuum on the system, then put enough freon in to equalize the pressure outside before hooking the high pressure hose up. It worked but I've only done it once and it was on an older piston style compressor.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I've done this twice, once on 4240 and one on 835. Buy a new receiver dryer to install too. Crack the return line a bit so air can escape. (As soon as refrigerant comes out tighten. Make sure to ad some oil charge too. Once you add aftermarket refrigerant no a/c guy will touch your tractor. But it sounds like they don't want your business anyways.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Temporary fix, agree with CRToney, replace drier and pull a vaccum for at least 1/2 hour, install correct amount of Freon, would recommend putting Freon in that's recommended, Scott.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Make sure you stay away from aftermarket compressor pumps. I got duped by JOhn Deere and they installed two defective ones before finally putting a re-man JD on

1 - 10 of 10 Posts