The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I can’t seem to get any higher than 4200 rpm on a single fan ezee on 315 air cart. Connected to 9270 case. Changed o rings on secondary and primary shuttles, flow control is at max and I confirmed pressure at remote is 2700psi. Also tried bypassing couplers by connecting fan supply hoses directly to tractor hydraulic lines. Any idea what could be causing the lack of fan rpm? Owners manual states I need at least 4800 rpm for high rate applications.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Think I just found the potential answer from a previous post!
What lots of people don't realize is that with no back pressure (no product being applied) the fans don't reach full speed. So when you're sitting in the yard testing the fan speed it's not gonna be what it is when you're in the field seeding

·
Registered
11 Posts
What lots of people don't realize is that with no back pressure (no product being applied) the fans don't reach full speed. So when you're sitting in the yard testing the fan speed it's not gonna be what it is when you're in the field seeding

Ambient air temperature also makes quite a bit of difference, in my experience
My Bourgault fan speeds up 200-300 rpm during the heat of the day

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hydraulic oil temp also plays a role in fan speed. On our 7700 tank in order to achieve desired fan speed we constantly adjust remote flow until tractors hydro oil finally reaches its normal temp (which can take an hour or two).

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Were you able to get the fan up high enough?
Same issue on my 3315 cart Versatile tractor is having a hard time pushing the fan right to the max.
Hyd oil temp does seem to affect it colder oil is slower for some reason.
I never found the fan speed increased much with product going through.
Honestly I think its the fan motor ezee on uses because the tractor has no trouble exceeding the max fan when its hooked to the Morris cart with the same crary fan assembly only difference is Morris used a different fan motor.
I even went through the Ezee on air tank hyd plumbing and took out some 1/2 inch fitting restrictions and bumped all the hyd up to 3/4'' on the fan circuit thinking maybe a hydraulic restriction, zero improvement.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Radman you have the hyd pressure gauge teed into the hyd press line when the fan is running with the flow control set pretty much max?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
You may want to look at the back of the hydraulic valve on your tractor to make sure you are getting maximum rotation in its flow setting adjustment. Turning the knob in the cab may not be turning it all the way to max flow. Just a thought. I know you have said you have 2700 psi but is that a flowing pressure or just static reading dead-ended? I know I had to reset the allen screw position on the mechanical linkage/knurl knob at the back of valve in order to max my output flow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2700psi was at dead ended connection.
The problem was lack of back pressure.
I tightened up all the meter housing cover plates as they were leaking air and blocked off about 3 primary hoses as a test and rpm went right up to about 4700rpm no problem. Thanks for all the replies!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Were you able to get the fan up high enough?
Same issue on my 3315 cart Versatile tractor is having a hard time pushing the fan right to the max.
Hyd oil temp does seem to affect it colder oil is slower for some reason.
I never found the fan speed increased much with product going through.
Honestly I think its the fan motor ezee on uses because the tractor has no trouble exceeding the max fan when its hooked to the Morris cart with the same crary fan assembly only difference is Morris used a different fan motor.
I even went through the Ezee on air tank hyd plumbing and took out some 1/2 inch fitting restrictions and bumped all the hyd up to 3/4'' on the fan circuit thinking maybe a hydraulic restriction, zero improvement.
What rpms are you able to obtain? I’m at about 4700 now with a few Meter housing cover plates leaking. Thinking once I re foam tape all the cover plates and primary connections plus add product I hope I can get to 4800 rpm as stated I need in the book.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Do you have an unused circuit on your tractor as its possible you simply maxed out the flow on one circuit, I don't know the flow performance of your tractor or the needs of that particular fan motor but it is a trick I have used with a flexicoil drill with the variable rate system as it demands a lot of oil beyond just what the fan uses but affects the fans speed ability as its all tied in together as a circuit. It amounts to using T fittings on the ends of the existing hose set and then making up short hoses that tie into the side port of the T fitting and loop around so they are able to plug into another circuit. I use the one circuit when I don't need the extra flow and then kick in the second circuit when I need the fan speed. Also I have run into the situation that certain off brands of male hydraulic ends don't perform like the genuine Pioneer ends and yet to look at them they look fine but are obviously not opening up properly when plugged into the tractor so just a heads up with your ends as well.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
What rpms are you able to obtain? I’m at about 4700 now with a few Meter housing cover plates leaking. Thinking once I re foam tape all the cover plates and primary connections plus add product I hope I can get to 4800 rpm as stated I need in the book.
Oh I think around 4600 rpm is about the max I can get going by the monitor and that would be all sealed up applying product while operating.
I have a cheap photo tach from princess auto now and I am going to check the fan speed to be sure the monitor is accurate.
Like I said I don't think the Versatile tractor hydraulics are the issue.
When I hooked the Versatile to my Morris airseeder I use sometimes for banding fertilizer I have to turn the flow control down quite a bit from the setting I used when hooked to the drill with the Ezze on 3315 tank.
Like i mentioned before both airtanks have the same crary fan just the hydraulic fan motors are different.

·
Registered
633 Posts
On versatile , in order to get more fan rpm , get dealer to crank up pressure you will get 200 more fan speed .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts