The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking into a new tank for next season. Right now we have a conserva Pak 4350 I think with a 40' 12" spaced conserva Pak drill. We really like the tank setup but seeing as they are now discontinued we have to search for something else. What have other guys gone to after using a conserva Pak? We would like to keep our drill as it was rebuild a couple years ago. We plant faba beans, peas, canola, wheat, and barley. Any input is greatly appriciated.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I have used a Morris for years. This year went to an 8 series cart, very accurate easy to set and clean. Probably one of the most gentle metering and distribution systems on the market as product is only divided once.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
If you like and want to keep your individual runs to each opener from the Conserva Pak your only option now is the Seedmaster with the tool mounted tanks. There is no doubt that is the easiest on the seed of any system out there.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We demoed a morris drill last spring (C2 and 9650 tank). Like the unit but the price is outrageous!! And the hydraulic capacity is unreal even with just a mechanical tank. Does everyone buy a new tractor every time you buy and new drill?

We have been looking at a seed master off and on but we are at the point where we want to keep our toolbar and just replace the tank just to keep the cost down.

Thankyou guys for the replies.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Did the same thing you want to do, swapped tanks but kept our drill. I went from Morris-Morris so basically nothing to change except the wiring harness. In your case it may require a new seed distribution system for your drill.
What on the Morris unit you tried out required so much hydraulic flow?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jason would u know the numbers that are on the side of the 380/430 bu tanks?

We were figuring on a 51' 12" spacings C2 and a, I think a 9550 mechanical tank and they still said we would need 55 gpm plus.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.