The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here installed a air flow control kit on a 7010 and run it in rice? I bought a new 7010 last year and had pretty good luck with it , but it seemed that I would have to adjust the settings different almost every day. Most of my problems were in the sieve area. Ond day run them wide open, then the next day halfway closed did better. I think a shoe system like my 2388 would stop most of my problems.

·
Registered
32 Posts
There were three CIH combines that are used in rice outfitted with the Air Flow Control kit in 2009, all in Arkansas. The results were very positive. Two of the three combines were traded after the 09 season for new Axial Flow machines and both customers have purchased kits for the new combines. The problems you have mirror the problems these owners had prior to installing the kits. If you will email me at [email protected] I'll provide you with the contact information for those Arkansas farmers. farmerjones, if you'd like to talk to some operators of red combines in wheat who have experience with the kit, let me know.

·
Registered
32 Posts
wlr, What crops do you operate your combines in? The "did not hurt anything" is consistent with every other install in that controlling the air has never been a negative. As a rule, the higher the MOG the better the results.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The best results I have had from the airflow kits is in corn. With wheat and beans it does run the returns a little higher but do get a little better sample. Putting them in is not bad after the first one and installing on a new combine makes the job much nicer. I have done 6 installs now and have it down to 10hrs with two guys. I do believe that they help a lot with tuning in the machine, and not having to constantly adjust it. If you have any questions let me know.

·
Registered
28 Posts
There is a cover that goes over the clean grain auger, one over the tailings auger, a rubber divider between the two augers, rubber pieces that go on under the bottom sieve, and plates that go between the shoe and the frame. When you first start down inside light comes in all over and when your done its dark in there. You dont have to stand on your head to do it either take the rear wheels off or we run the front wheels up on the trailer which works better cause you need to have a guy under it. The dealer provides the kit and pays $1700 for us to install the kits. If its a used combine they cover the pully and bearing on the tailings auger that usually gets the gas ax for removal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.