The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 9760. I noticed that there is a kit available that changes the way the radiator breathes (above vs the side). How much of a difference did this make (for those of you who have had both) on keeping the radiator and engine compartment clean? $1700 for the kit. Is it worth it? Had one combine fire and don't want another.

·
Registered
400 Posts
talking to custom harvesters, back in 06 when the air scoop first came out, they said it was a night and day difference between the two. the scoop would run a lot cooler, and when they blew out their air filter, it wasn't nearly as bad as it was in previous years
i'd say that yes, it is probably worth it

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I'd highly recommend it. The air filter stays much much cleaner than before and it also does a good job of keeping the engine bay clean. Just wish deere didn't have the d**n deadspots above the fuel tank that always fill up with chaff and crap.

·
Registered
115 Posts
There is an issue with not getting enough air and over heating when adding this kits to certain models. Check the serial number with your dealer.

·
Registered
653 Posts
The scoop is cheap compared to a insurace deductible, or a new radiator and intercooler when she over heats. When the first ones in 06 came out i installed about a dozen of them. All customers said it was a huge difference. They were all pips so deere paid for them. If you have a 60 series u might make sure your not owned one. Take your serial # into your dealer and check.

They make/ or made a kit that was cheaper, You had to take a dremel and cut the access door and then install the scoop. the high end kits had the panel that was pre molded but it seemed to work better.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I know I sure have trouble keeping my intercooler clean and asked dealer about it and wasnt recomended on my combine because I have a tier 2 motor. That was a few yrs ago mybe they have changed something

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That was the service bulletin that I looked at and was the reason I posted what I did. Sure seems that it is suggested for my combine (9760)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts