The Combine Forum banner

Air Jet Chaffer

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  bubbaleroy 
#1 ·
Does anyone use or have an Air Jet Chaffer made by Gordon Harvesting equipment? Got one today for a demo and was wondering what to expect. Just installed gordon bars today as well, will be interesting to see the difference. Likes and dislikes are all welcome!!

#3 ·
on my 05 2388 the magic number is 5/8" on the bottom... I've run mine for 2 summers now.. Only time I have problem is when you run into a field that's extremely weedy or fields with rye. The material will get caught in the elements. I have the bean elements also they work great! Turn the wind up and away you go. You'll love it!! I run gordon bars over this sieve also..

#6 ·
Kirbyfarms,
I can share with you some experiences with the AJ. I use them in Oats, Barley, Wheat, Beans, Corn. First of all...you need to learn the 2 steps of this system. No. 1. Thrash the crop and then No. 2. Separate the crop. This may sound simple but your concaves and grates need to be in good shape to accomplish this. I have found that even in the light crop of "Oats" I can use more fan RPMs to clean the crop. One customer I harvested used his oats straight out of the bin for seeding. One thing for sure is that the drier the thrash the better you can get a clean sample. My thoughts for now. Hammer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.