The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I have a 820 with a Crary air reel. Thinking about going to 25' 8200 head with an orbit reel. Like the air reel for short beans but not sure it makes a difference in taller beans. Is it worth the money to put on a air reel. I have no experience with an orbit reel.

·
Registered
537 Posts
That air reel isn't just for short beans. It is also great for reducing shatter loss, and tall beans shatter as much as short beans. Keeps the beans in the head and not on the ground. I don't think the orbit reel will help much with shatter loss.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I can't speak for a air reel but the orbit reel feeds beans much nicer than a standard reel. It is a noticeable improvement in keeping the cutter bar clean.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I have no experience with the air reel, but from everything I've heard, they are hard to beat. Would love to try one on my 40 ft. dynaflex.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have an orbit reel on a 800 series 30' head, and this years wheat season is the first time I used it, I'm not really impressed with it. hoping it works better in beans. it seems like it is kicking back too soon. I think I need to replace the wear pads on the track too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts