The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 1644. Every so often, the alarm for my air screen will start to go off for no apparent reason. Even when it is not windy. If I disconnect the sensor, will this set the alarm off or stop the alarm from working. I would like to finish the day without the alarm going off every 5 minutes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Try cleaning out your radiator. Might not be enough air moving through the radiator to turn the screen fast enough. Our 1680 did that one season and we stopped and blew out the radiaetor even though the temperature gauge was running about normal. Also we had a neighbor who had the same problem with the air screen sensor and it turned out to be the water pump was goin out on his machine. Said it slowed the fan down just enough to make the air screen sensor alarm. Good luck hope its a simple fix.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Beings you have a 44, I'm gonna assume you have the updated shaft and fan for the screen? it has 6 bolt holes instead of 2. It's suppose to help keep the screen from vibrating which will slow it down if it does.

On our 1680 last year we kept having fits with our alarm going off and couldn't figure out why untill someone mentioned the update, problem solved.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Make sure the brush on the air screen is still touching outer shield. If it has worn down to make a gap, the air/dust will go past brush which will in turn let air screen slow down. If you shut engine off and air screen keeps spinning for a while, good sign that brush is shot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts