The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, looking for some tips on air drill sizes/models I could pull with my JD 4760 front wheel assist tractor? Not much for hills here but we do have clay type soils. I pre work my ground once with a 27' Deep Till cultivator before banding or seeding. Farm west of Grande Prairie, AB
Sure would appreciate any help. Thanks

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
should be able to do a 30-35' double disc drill. I ran a 30' jd 9350 box drill with a 4440 on 14.9 rear duels, flat black dirt ground. Would cultivate the ground in the spring. Could see tire tracks most years. Pain to set, cheap to operate, and was happy to see it leave.

Might be easier to establish your budget, find a seeder, then research on here who's posted about that model, and what they pulled it with.... other option would be to google the manual for the seeder and see what they recommend for hp/ft.

Best of Luck!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I have a 4760 fwa and it easily pulled a 30' Barton single disc air drill with a FC 1610 tank. 10" space single shoot.

Only time it struggled was one time I had the duals on another unit and it ran out of traction in some sugar sand hills with singles.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I pull a 32’ Bourgault 9200 on 12” space with shovels and a 2155 tank with a 2-155 White, my land is gentle rolling and not too heavy, it could use a little more traction but has lots of power. As far as rates it depends how your cultivator is set up. I have spreaders behind the shovels and put 160lbs product with the seed in wheat. For canola I usually work ahead once and band 2/3 of my fertilizer then put 1/3 with the seed. If you are going down knives or narrow openers your fertilizer rates will cut by quite a bit. To get 160lbs I’m still in the mid range on the meter so with some playing around wi5 sprockets I would think a very heavy rate could be achieved

1 - 6 of 6 Posts