The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new chaffer sieve and I am considering an airfoil. I am running a 1990 model 1680 with the long cleaning system. I will cut 700 acres of wheat, 180 acres of corn and 180 acres of grain sorghum, all of it is dry land.

I am told that with the airfoil I won't have to change the chaffer sieves for corn I can just run the one sieve. If anyone has had experience with one either good or bad I would like to hear about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an airfoil in my 1480 and I guess I would rate it okay. I had trouble once in weedy beans and had the fan turned up all the way and still plugged the return. That was the only time I had trouble, but have not cut corn.

·
Registered
34 Posts
In my experience with an airfoil chaffer, it works better in a short shoe than a long shoe. We always ran them prior to '90 but only try them after that. We found that the capacity and sample was compromised with the airfoil in the long shoe's. A 1 1/8 close slat still works the best for wheat,beans, and milo. A 1 5/8 deep tooth chaffer is the best for corn.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts