The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody used one of those "air seeder hoppers" from that guy in southern Saskatchewan on a JD conveyor on a 1910 cart? Just wondering what your thoughts were if you did. Looks kinda of bulky to me and maybe a pain to get it under the tanks to empty them out.

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
We have them on both of our NH drills, we are not putting it on the jd we just bought, makes it more cumbersome to handle and it slows down auger as it needs more power to turn

·
Premium Member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We had one before on Morris air cart and didn't like it. Was hoping the one for the conveyors would be better. It has its own hydraulic motor so it shouldn't slow anything down. Phoned for a price today and it was $2680. The low profile one from JD is $4500. We are using a Candace auger setup right now from our semi trailer. Thought this might be a better way to go because then we could also use our other semi trailer and any highway tractor as we would not need a truck with a wet kit.

·
Premium Member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Think we are going to sell our cancade auger setup for under the trailer and go with the low profile one from Deere. It looks pretty solid.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I haven't ever been able to get the air seeder hopper under the 1910 cart to empty it out. We just put a hopper and regular auger underneath in the yard to clean it out. We have had the Michel setup the last two years, so the air seeder hopper isn't needed anymore. However, it looked like more work than I wanted to put the original style back on. My goal is to get a semi tender setup and skip the cart auger/conveyor entirely.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.