The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys have a question from Australia! I am looking at buy a new bar for next season. I have a challenger mt765D tractor I am wondering what is the biggest bar I can tow? I would prefer a 60ft bar on 10 inch spacings. Our soil type is heavier dirt with some sand areas. Tractor is on 18" tracks. There is an amazing Morris bar but is 70ft wife I don't know if I could tow it without slaving the tractor??

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
I wouldn't want to even attempt that width (60 or 70ft) with that much horsepower, but I don't know your country. I would have thought 400hp would be absolute minimum for 60ft. I use 535hp on 60 (12inch) and most of the time it is doing it easily but have had the odd occasion when moisture seeking or in harder country where it will eat up hp quickly.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thanks mate, I have it chopped so is pulling about 400hp. It's pull the 40ft bar with ease. So should probably be looking for a 50ft bar?

·
Registered
14 Posts
We pull our 60ft DBS on 12in spacing with 425hp however she does struggle in the heavier country when we're looking for moisture, but I would say that the Morris would definitely pull easier than the DBS. My guess would be you would be able to pull 60ft with the Challanger.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The whole setup has a Morris tow behind 8340 xl eight series. I think that's the model number off the top of my head. It's the 3 bin model.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
To many variables! I think our air cart and juice wagon takes 400hp to pull!

Seems like a lot of drill or a really small air cart for a tractor that weight on 18" tracks.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hey guys have a question from Australia! I am looking at buy a new bar for next season. I have a challenger mt765D tractor I am wondering what is the biggest bar I can tow? I would prefer a 60ft bar on 10 inch spacings. Our soil type is heavier dirt with some sand areas. Tractor is on 18" tracks. There is an amazing Morris bar but is 70ft wife I don't know if I could tow it without slaving the tractor??
Can u tell us a bit more about your dirt and terrain, which state maybe...acres you need to do ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts