The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just replaced my sediment bowl, fuel filter and injection pump and my Gleaner L was running great. I was working on getting it ready and it was running and I was looking at stuff and suddenly it died. I got to looking in the sediment bowl and it was full of Algae and the screen was clogged with it. Do I have to drain the fuel and start over or are there other options, i.e. a biocide? It seems like the fuel is fine when it goes into the sediment bowl, but once it sits there a few days in the sunlight it turns yellow and starts growing sticky goo. I only have one day a week to work on this and I only have a couple Saturdays left before I need it!

What should I do?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Kyle, I have used Kill'em for years. Many brands are available. Be prepared to change out a few filters before the majority of that algae is gone from your tank.
Good luck,
Dwight E. Lambert, Albany, Oregon

·
Registered
23 Posts
Had same problem in class combine couple years ago. Drain fuel flushed tank, worked no problem after that. The fuel comp told me it was the bio diesel and condensation in tank and to leave tank full over winter so condensation cant form.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I rang a friend this afternoon as he is an bit of an expert on it, basically the algae needs moisture to live, so he suggested draining tank and flushing with petrol or metho to dry tank out, keep tank full especially sitting overnight, so fuel up after harvesting during day, use an additive and make sure all moisture is is always drained. It can be hard to get rid of permanently....

Ant....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinking I'll use that kill'em then drain the tank through a filter then put it back in the tank. Any reason I shouldn't do that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts