The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Going through bushings etc on my new machine cause it broke a chaffer bolt and l have a couple days till canola is ready. Changing all bushings (half were new style, the other half were shot), pitman bearings, pivot needle bearings and shafts, slip clutches, shaker pulley drive hub, shaker cams and shaker shaft.
The shaker shaft bearing plates have the paint disturbed from factory and measuring at these points side to side are out 1.8 mm with a digital caliper.
No dealer I have found has the alignment tool and I am wondering if I can measure from these points on both sides to align the new shaft? If so I will change the shaker shaft bearings as well (.006" feeler gauge fits in between shaft and bearing I.D.)

Thanks
Motor vehicle Wood Fixture Red Gas

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Help or not?
I was reading that earlier today, to go to the rear of the machine will need a tape measure and someone to hold it while if I can use my digital caliper it is a one guy job and more accurate. I guess I can measure with the tape from the brace in my picture to the rear of the machine? Such a bear of a job I want to do it perfect and hopefully never again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts