The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Ya, saw one like that at the Outdoor Farm Show in Woodstock Ont. this past Sept. Very odd looking. Would be interesting to hear the company's reason for this! Perhaps they were trying to get it used in one of Tim Horton's Dark Coffee commercials.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
From what I understand a lot of guys liked the Black stealth that was running around. This became an option to order machine like this and the thought was there is a potential the customers that would not look at silver would look at black. Don't know how that is going for them but I would take silver hands down.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
When I talked to Kevin Bien at HHD he said about 20% of production is the black. Its just a vinyl wrap laid overtop of the factory decals. I love the black, and would like to remove all the factory vinyl on my 65 and have it just flat black with gleaner in large white print on the side of the machine. My only concern with the wrap's is the quality and how long they will last. Within 10 years you could be missing large chunks of the vinyl depending on how clean the combine was when they laid down the vinyl.

This is what I'd like to do, minus the super7 logo.

At least they didnt keep making this eyesore. This thing is just plain hideous.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Wonder if they offer an all silver machine? It would make it wonderful to work on even in low light conditions. Would think with that high tech painting facility, that would be possible?May look sharper than one would think.

·
Registered
777 Posts
$6000 option that adds no functionality to the combine. Yeah I'd buy that......NOT

When wrapped machine is 30k cheaper than next dealer would do, I'll take black.
Let me be clear, I wouldn't take the option that does nothing for how the machine works. I would buy a Gleaner every time.

And while we're talking old school, how about a little orange.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I need a "LIKE" button!

Count me in, maybe a the old Allis badge on the steering wheel?
Where is the "like" button on this site?
I am all for adding some orange!
I think some polished aluminum rims would look great on the carbide wrapped machines-well all of them, for that matter. Just think how Kevin could spin that option for weight savings! Kevin is one of those rare people that truly found their calling in life. I wish everyone was as excited about their job as he is.

·
Super Moderator
5,036 Posts
Vanity, can you ever pay too much?

$6000 option that adds no functionality to the combine. Yeah I'd buy that......NOT
I ordered a new windshield for my pickup the other day, glass guys asks me if I wanted it to read FORD at the top of the windshield.
Not really I said, but how much extra is that?
About 150$'s.
That's ok, I was barely interested at free.;)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.