The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
Buddy bought a massey 860 at an auction and went to test it out in a field of barley. Problem is that there is absolutely NO straw coming over the straw walkers and out the chopper. All the straw/chaff was going over the sieves.
Things they checked:
-Rear beater good
-Concaves set 5/16 front and 1/8 back (as per book)
-Feederhouse paddles set at 90 degrees apart
-Cylinder speed 850
-Clean grain going in tank

Any ideas

·
Registered
668 Posts
37 years ago I was a young mechanic working at a Massey dealer I was the up coming combine man. I set up a new silver cab 760 for wheat . I got to the field nothing was coming over the walkers. The belt that drive the walkers was not installed right the walkers were running backwards. Look at the belt behind the diesel tank that drive the walkers it needs to have a twist in it to run the right way. if the belt is rubbing on the tank bracket it is wrong. let me know what you find.

·
Registered
370 Posts
right i do remember that twisted belt arrangement, lol sure brings back memories of unpacking the walkers on a gorgeous october night and when the job was done we jumped off the back into the pile of straw. kids

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.