The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 224 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just happen to check radar

That system between Calgary and Medicine Hat on it’s the way north apparently.

Must have looked just at the right time, me thinks a slight radar problem at Jimmy Lake.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Just looked at radar now before spraying, Brooks area looks wet at 9:30am. Gonna be interesting if it does make its way north.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Cold dry and windy here. Around melfort. Could use a rain north of us by the sask river.
29C199C9-A486-4847-B395-00E41F841015.png

·
Registered
322 Posts
Nice spitting rain started at 5 am outside of Lethbridge. Right now at 10:17 you can hear it on the roof. It was getting to be time for the winter wheat. Quite a bit of growth but narrow leaves so rain should help that.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Same on the south side.
soil blowing, feeling like your being sand blasted while loading air cart south of Winnipeg. Nh3 mask serves two purposes, protection from nh3 and dust. rain this weekend but lots of soil moisture to seed into!

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
It’s a perfect seeding day today here on the desolate plaines looking toward the peak of Turtle Mountain. Where life’s better with power in your toboggan.
7E13402B-3953-409B-9304-CC5EA923DAFB.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Raining in north central MT. was going to head to town for some fencing supplies before it dries out for more field work. It started to pour. 0.71" rain at my yard since Monday. Still raining. Hope/pray we get over an inch out of this. Been a while since that has happened.

·
Premium Member
5,246 Posts
I've started using this AB gov site for radar recently, come across it looking for other info earlier this spring. Uses the Enviro Can. information but it shows the whole province combined much as you see on the tv instead of just the general range of each individual radar location.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I put up one of those John Deere weather stations. It's nice to have accurate wind data for spraying. Uses sonar, for the wind and a tip bucket thing for the rain. So far I have been using 30 to 35 km wind gusts for my max spraying weather. The guys have the app on their phones, so I get them to check before loading the sprayer, then call me if it is in a questionable range.
Just had another 13 mm rain and hail roll through in about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
Anyone else here of the mess in Michigan? One dam broke and a down stream dam was capped and said failure was imminent.

Wish tbone was still active to fill us in if he's close or knows anything. Sounds like a ridiculous amount of rain in a short period.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Farkin' windy, my lord. How can you tell I'm trying to spray?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hot and dry on Texas gulf coast with 70% chance of rain all weekend. Some supposed to get around 2 inches. We need it and that will finish out the corn and sorghum and jump the cotton up some.

1 - 20 of 224 Posts