Super Moderator
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Maybe I should have titled this
“The misery likes company weather thread”

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
We got the rain we wanted to get perfect germination, 4/10 tenths on Wednesday night, seeding by noon next day. 2” of rain 10 miles north of me and 1.5” 10 miles west of me..Tired of 50 km winds, hard to find a good day to spray, but presently staying ahead of the drill. Should be done Tuesday if all goes well. We farm south of Birch Hills.

·
Registered
831 Posts
First rain this afternoon, 10 drops. My renters figured they should concentrate on seeding instead of combining after bogging the 9870 for the umpteenth time Tuesday. They have a fair bit seeded and not too many potholes left. North of Balcarres.

Sorry, I forgot about 8 tenths we got in 2 showers at the start of May. That's inches, BTW.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Maybe I should have titled this
“The misery likes company weather thread”
I saw the thread title, and thought you were just trying to get me to slip up and reveal my location within North Korea, since you have been flumoxed by my ability to show that as my location. And it worked...

·
Registered
297 Posts
4 inches and 2 tenths here been a while since we got this amount in one rain event. Wasn't desperatley dry here but it was sure welcome.

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
To wet in the fields so I went fencing in the hills today. I have never seen trees washed down the creek like this rain did. Cotton Wood Creek off East Butte of the Sweet grass hills is still running as high I have seen it. It must have been a foot higher. I had to pull old water logged trees out of a crossing today that are over a foot in diameter. This creek is almost never over 6" deep there at the highest. All the ponds are silty and are normally clear. Every little stream and gully has water running down it still. Silty water. I never see silty water in the hills. Pound posts by hand and they sure did go in nice when I didn't hit rocks. Amazing rain, I love it!

·
Super Moderator
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I‘m sure there are many weather stations, the only one I’m familiar with is

Really like the charting function

Offers today and 24 hrs as line graphs, 7 and 31 day as these bar charts.
Also charts humidity, pressure, wind, temperature, and wind chill/heat index.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
West of Edmonton 1 hr.

We're over 3" (80mm) so far and still raining and even snowing at times.

This weather station is just west of me and I think it looks more like April weather than end of May. Sick of wearing insulated coveralls, winter boots, and lined gloves while calving.

·
Super Moderator
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
How close is that station Dan?

Good for wind but too high for accurate temperature, I believe Environment Canada uses 1.5 m above surrounding ground level, on windless nights I’ve observed up to a 5 degree spread, higher on that perch.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The west side of winnipeg must of got hammered last night. Big lighting show that light up the sky and you could see the rain. Around 10:30pm.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Heard today around Elie Manitoba got around 7 inches, can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
We had 4/10" on the May 3.
No real significant moisture since snow rain at harvest. We had more snow in September than we did all winter.
The excessive amount of wind with above average temps for a few days last week sure dried it out.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Heard today around Elie Manitoba got around 7 inches, can anyone confirm this?
yes had up to 7''NW of Elie!! Have some Fields in it. Storm was only 2 mi wide and maybe 8 mi long. Its ugly.Sky opened up on Saturday around 3 pm for 2 hrs.We are 2/3 done and not sure when we can finish it and what we have to reseed. I'm afraid of the crust now but lots a standing water yet.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Getting pretty dry here. A little rain in Regina area over the last few weeks I hear, I am north and haven't seen any. Got 4/10 of rain/snow in mid April from the same event that dumped snow on Manitoba. Not enough snow this winter to go sledding anywhere, not even ditches. There is still moisture from the crappy harvest but some places drying out fast. This flax stubble is my driest. Disc drills don't typically make a lot of dust.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 67 Posts