The Combine Forum banner

121 - 140 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Sh1t, anyone need rain just message me your address. I will happily forward it to you. Another inch and a tenth last night. No hail or anything just rain.

·
Registered
473 Posts
For the most part I’m perfect for moisture. “Knock on wood” but south of me Morris. Saint Pierre area got hammered. Oat king are you in this Rain path?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
2" so far down in my part near Taber. Part of that came from a massive but localized thunderstorm. But now we've got general rain settled in for a few days. Expecting another inch. Fortunately those crops that haven't been hailed out will handle this moisture fairly well. Might have to get the pump out and pump off a few low spots again so the pivots can get around. Haven't ever had to pump mid season before, but already done it twice this year.

·
Registered
468 Posts
For the most part I’m perfect for moisture. “Knock on wood” but south of me Morris. Saint Pierre area got hammered. Oat king are you in this Rain path?
No , we are sitting perfect too so far, actually to good to be true I think! The area west of morris along the 23 hwy have been battling big rain all season. ping pong hail last week and 2 half inch rain by area around kane , lowefarm. Yeah around doug browns farm my hired helper said the hail on the 205 highway almost slipped his truck into the ditch.Don't want to get too excited yet, last year my canola was looking awesome than wammo, 8 inches of rain fell july 8 and wipe out most of my crop. We are due for a bumper crop Slip Clutch! Top up my hail after seeing the Calgary pictures.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Jesus we can't get a rain no matter what it seems. Been several big systems build up to the west, as they get near us, it either splits and goes around us, or disappears completely. Same again tonight, looked dark, lots of thunder and lightning, got about 20 drops. Finally got some warmer days to get the crop going, stuff actually looks good, but late. The forecast has some low 20's with chances of showers for the next week, the rain would be nice but if we go a week of cloudy and cooler weather but don't get any rain, I'm getting a little worried about the crop making it before a frost, we can't have too many wasted growing days from here on out. There are quite a few crops in the area even later than ours. Good thing we have our hail insurance on, might be our saving grace!! Oh and today, 34 degrees and Fn' windy.
Hey Kevlar you must have been woken up to rain this morning. Looked pretty intense by riding mountains.

·
Premium Member
5,244 Posts
Sh1t, anyone need rain just message me your address. I will happily forward it to you. Another inch and a tenth last night. No hail or anything just rain.
Don't know if you saw that on the news the other nite out around Lamont, seen Viterra at Star in the background at the one place, same as here, guys can't move. Then sit here reading about some guys dry and then there is us who can't even turn a wheel, unfricken believable, going into July with unharvested crop, was out in Athabasca the other day, kind of is somewhat makes you feel somewhat less frustrated when you see you aint the only one.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I try to avoid the news, it just makes me angry. The area around Star and all the way north to the river is pretty flat. They flood quite easy there and the county have been pretty negligent on keeping the waterways clean. Its too bad since they have great soils.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Hey Kevlar you must have been woken up to rain this morning. Looked pretty intense by riding mountains.
Nope, lots of thunder and lighting but nothing until about 10:30, got just under 2 tenths. Then around 2:30 we were under a severe weather warning, tornado warning. Wasn't home when it rained around supper time, ended up with 2 inches and a tenth with the rain earlier in the day. Must have come down pretty hard as there are places it was running off. They even had a specific tornado warning for the village 2 and a half miles south of me, but as far as I know there wasn't any. There was a tornado that supposedly hit a house at Rapid City but I can't confirm it, and one guy had some bins blown over, and they had 4-5 inches of rain. We drove to my wife's parents for supper, and on the way up it got dark like it was 10:30 but was only 3:30, needed the headlights on, was a little creepy driving in that when the radio keeps making the warning beeps with tornado warnings. Glad to get the rain, just not crazy about the way it came. Now hopefully it knows when to quit, we still have canola to spray.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
I forgot to mention the thunder! It literally rumbled non stop for at least 45 minutes straight, have never heard anything like that.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Anybody else get hammered by this storm system that went through Manitoba? FFS. Can't we get any normal nice rains anymore? Brandon is flooded, sounds like Minnedosa is pretty bad. Looks like tomorrow I will be mopping up the basement. Whoever builds a house with a basement under it should be slapped in the nuts. From needing a rain to too much fucking rain in an instant.

·
Premium Member
5,244 Posts
The "New normal" Kevlar. F€ck this year, I am done with it.
I think all of us from north of edmonton area who are in mud and water up to our asses should all get together over a 45 gallon barrel of Crown Royal and see if we can drown our misery and frustration lol

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Ha, ABbuck. I think there is enough fermenting crops out there to make our own joy juice. Would you like a canola based shot or just a barley base?

·
Premium Member
5,244 Posts
Never thought of that, I have a 60 acre lake of fermenting oats I could bring some of that lol, long day I need to shut down, morning comes too early.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I forgot to mention the thunder! It literally rumbled non stop for at least 45 minutes straight, have never heard anything like that.
That makes me nervous when it does that, lot of energy there and things can change quickly, and usually do.

·
Premium Member
8,230 Posts
Anybody else get hammered by this storm system that went through Manitoba?
Got nothing, which has been the pattern this year. Total rainfall this year about 6-7 tenths of an inch. I'm surprised the crop looks as good as it does, probably a good thing we were super wet going into this year from last fall. Also the late start means crop still isn't in it's biggest moisture using stages, so still time for rain to make a big difference.

The wind this spring has been brutal, I can only think of one other year that was similar. Lots of night spraying...

121 - 140 of 221 Posts