The Combine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This message keeps appearing on the cebis on the 590r. It comes on every 2-3 minutes and I clear it out. Also got to the point where the whole separator disengaged and I couldnt use any functions on the handle. Couldnt unload or close tank. Just moved forward and reverse. Checked the battery when running and its at 13.7 volts. Off it was 12.9v. I did notice the battery light on the steering column just barely flickers when the combine is running. Im not sure where to start but im thinking a ground or maybe bad wire somewhere. Any input is appreciated thanks. First year to run the lexion and only did 20 acres but I like the machine so far.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I have heard the alternators are pricey so be careful there. You could put a jumper on the batteries while combine is running, and check functions. You could have a poor connection somewhere between alternator, starter, and battery, including the battery disconnect switch. If it starts well though, that should prove me wrong.

There should be a large ground wire under the cab on the right side going from cab to frame. Take the cable off and clean well. Is my only guess, but I have heard of issues there. Check your voltage on anything in the cab or gets power through the cab, such as a headlight connector, cigarette lighter socket, etc... Take doors off of fuse panels and start checking the incoming power compared to battery voltage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Look at the little circuit board in the steering column, if a bulb (for battery light) replace it. Or, replace the board if needed. If I remember right, new one has led. Can cause the same issue as bad alternator. Been a long time ago, so hope it helps.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Change the bulb in the steering column or check where it plugs in to make sure it is getting good contact. If that light is flickering or burnt out that is the problem. We have had it happen 3 times and that lightbulb is always the culprit. I wouldn't suggest buying an alternator if you don't have to they are very expensive

·
Registered
213 Posts
My rebuilder would probably replace all the diodes and be less than $100. A bad diode doesn't require the whole alternator to be replaced unless it burned out the wires. A sniff test will tell you if that happened.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Not according to my rebuild guy it's all cat only parts and some major high output we spent two days trying to match it up but ended up getting a new one from cat as the downtime was killing us still have the old unit and would love to have it recond for a spare

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.