The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title says who builds aluminum grain boxes in western Canada. I know Cancade does, but does any one else?

·
Registered
918 Posts
I think the aluminum boxes that you would get now from Courtney Berg would come from Cancade. Apparently there is some joint venture, merger, type arrangement between the two companies. It was mentioned at the farm show last year that they were working together. I don't know what the details are though, didn't ask to many questions about that, had other issues to chat with them about.

·
Super Moderator
3,075 Posts
I think the aluminum boxes that you would get now from Courtney Berg would come from Cancade. Apparently there is some joint venture, merger, type arrangement between the two companies.
You are correct 712, forgot about that too.
CBI built a very few of their own (my cousin has one) but elected to join Cancade for aluminum boxes.

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
A friend and fellow firefighter is a stainless and aluminum welder/fabricator, he has helped me come up with some fantastic solutions for customers. He and I have often talked about building grain boxes and trailers, he does beautiful work, but ramping up production to allow for economy of scale is a challenge. Ironically I read this post this morning and thought again about our half-baked ideas....and then he stopped in again this afternoon, so I showed him this post and talked a little more. Even to just build a small handful of units....

·
Registered
20 Posts
ITB from Coldale, AB used to build a really nice aluminum box. There were a few around and they stood up really well. I haven’t seen a new one for years so I expect they don’t make them any more but might be worth a call

·
Registered
15 Posts
ITB still builds Aluminum boxes in outside of Conrad, Montana. The dealer is 3V Distributing from Conrad. I have bought two boxes from them the first one lasted us 22 years with no issues other then tires separating and bending up some sills. When we got the last one about 5 years ago we put fenders on the truck which I hope will save the box in the event a tire lets go. Would go again if we needed another box.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts