The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
Can't get your fill of Jian Ghomeshi? ;-)

I think there are filters that you can put on the power wire that will apparently help.

Let us know if you solve it. I have the same problem but it happens when the gps is powered up.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Had this on a 2188, its been a while but I'll try the memory. I believe the sunvisor and that part of the headliner comes down with a few screws, there is a ground stud up there maybe by the wiper motor area. Take it and clean all the wires good and then take the ground wire out of the radio harness and attach it directly to this stud and connect a wire from the antenna to the stud. Then take the ground wires off the cab stud outside that connects the cab to the chassis and clean that real good. Helped ours and was easy. And obviously scrape the paint down to bare metal.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Yep you need a good ground on the antenna. in some cases you need to get a good antenna, with 93ohm coax on it. mobileone Mobile One AM/FM Antennas here in Aus have good antenna's as such, with any length coax, joins or extension in the coax is no go!!
I have got antennas with 11m of coax on it, works as good as a short length, ps. the longer antenna whip is best!!

It is possible that in some cases, the like of a , alternator, electric motor, solenoid.... could be faulty. when the alternator on our tractor slowly died over a month, the electric gear shift when stupid, and some other thing i cant remember

I had to put these antenna's on to overcome the GPS fuzz, and found i had to use the same antenna at the house and shed, i had no luck with any other antenna, i have tried many different antennas over the yrs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.