The Combine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just literally started getting a full page ad regardless of what CombineForum page I'm on. (Happened when i went to main page, then between trying to get to the tech support forum, and once now when I was literally typing in this post right now.

Literally the ad pops up, and the only way you can get through it is clicking somewhere that isn't a link. If you click on the 'JustUNO' button that pops up, it goes to their website that sells ad software that is obviously what was just infront of me. It wasn't a wrong site or any malware on my computer (use malwarebytes + symantec corporate server/etc).
http://www.justuno.com/ was the site that was available if you hovered over the little button on the bottom-left.

Anyways, it was crazy bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nothing here ..?
never even seen the ad ?
As random as it came. Seems like 10 minutes later, it is gone? (hopefully) I haven't gotten it since the like half dozen times I got the ad over the 10 or so minutes.

Glad it at least wasn't just me.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Please just install Ad Blocker, Privacy badger, and Cookie Auto delete. Never ever see an ad anywhere again.
The funny thing is it must have been a new protocol ad, as I have ad blocker & privacy badger running at all times. I don't have cookie auto-delete though, I just relied on privacy badger to block unwanted cookies.

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
I got some version of that amazon ad today after logging in. Never have had a popup on this site before and I am a paid lifetime member which, if I recall, entitles me to NO ads. Something is not right.

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
I got some version of that amazon ad today after logging in. Never have had a popup on this site before and I am a paid lifetime member which, if I recall, entitles me to NO ads. Something is not right.
I'm getting it too. I don't think this is combine forum specific, but this amazon prime ad is running circles around adblocker plus. Did notice on mine that depending on what thread I'm looking at its blocking 3-9 ads but when the amazon prime ad is up its blocking 15-20.

·
Administrator
427 Posts
Hi there,

This is a sponsored ad with amazon's prime day. It should have ended now.
It was escalated and this should be disabled soon. Please give it a while for them to resolve it.
Let me know if this still occurs later today.

Very sorry for the inconvenience everyone,

Ed

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
18 trackers on this site. Wow. Please note the second one.
Protect yourself and your identity.

ajax.googleapis.com

c.amazon-adsystem.com

ad.crwdcntrl.net

tags.crwdcntrl.net

d1r55yzuc1b1bw.cloudfront.net

s.dpmsrv.com

dz2fz0bgyq9tn.cloudfront.net

connect.facebook.net

fonts.googleapis.com

Google Analytics Solutions - Marketing Analytics & Measurement

accounts.google.com