The Combine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at one of these at a field day recently and considering one. Unfortunately only 6 m as I would prefer 9m, but seems simple and efficient.
I was wanting an airseeder with features it has like narow row spacing 6.5 inches, decent presswheels, and this also combines a roller which will help with rice sowing. I would also get the culters for trash flow so I could sow into stubble.

They are European and have been out there a while. Has anyone here had experience with them and are they any good.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already have an Amazone sprayer and spreader, which are very good. Unfortunately I am 200km from the dealer so the only problem we have is they dont want to send a mechanic quickly.

I was hoping to get a demo one or they even bring out the new one in stock for a demo, as if it worked will I would buy it. Unfortunately the only demo one in Australia is in Tasmania and they wont bring the other unless I buy it.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Well Goodoo it wasn't there, I checked the site from head to toe, they did have a double disk planter and a heap of other equipment there, I will say one thing, amazone stuff appear well made and well finished...it's premo stuff for sure..

The did have an 8 metre seedhawk there, independent openers, 10" spacings can use a paired row boot..$170k retail...I guess on layered bays IO is not that necessary, but if I could afford new I'd never get one without it...I like the seedhawk, simple set up, easy to maintain...vaderstad bin...narrow transport width.

Was a good day, glad I went, managed to get some canola and monola seed lined up next year for a trial...late winter planting on hill country....can deliver monola to millicent 150km away...and canola can go straight to Portland port...worth a play I guess...

Ant...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, It was the Wagga dealer with the one at Henty and probably the Echuca dealer at Elmore.

I am pretty sure that the Echuca Amazone dealer is also a Seedhawk dealer.

I realy think narrator than 10 inch will help with weeds and give better yields on high input irrigated crops.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The bloke at Henty said about $120,000 and I found an Australian review where they said $121,000. So they are cheaper than anything else decent. It had a simple design with no parallelograms.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
What the Agrowplow one worth? Don't they do 6" as well? Air seeder with gason bin? They normally dear..

I'd love a semeato drill...one day!!

I would imagine if you have to get through heavy trash on 6" spacings a demo is almost a must?

Ant...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.