The Combine Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
Yes, buy a Lexion.
You'll get 106 other annoying things instead.

Well ok, maybe only 16 things.

I agree, I also always found that beeper FA and especially when you are an owner/operator.

Don

·
Registered
894 Posts
If combines didn't buzz, beep and squawk, they'd probably all be trashed. Many of the alarms are operator induced (via poor maintenance).

My LEXION 585R (and previous 485R) doesn't beep anymore than my 9750 did. The sounds are different but, nothing in a LEXION is as annoying as the harsh buzzer of a Deere combine. I can "OK" the LEXION alarms with the push of a button and they go away. I also calibrate my speed sensors daily (because it is too easy not to, and takes less than 3 seconds to do) to keep the alarms to a minimum, which you really need to do between each header type change, belt tensionings and chopping to windrowing (vice versa).

·
Registered
94 Posts
You can adjust the volume of teh speaker(beeper) on the 70 series. You have to go into the command arm to do it. It is address CAB 116 1-6 is the range with one being quiet. You think it is annoying now try turning it up to six and then tello me what it is like.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm a owner/ operator but if I had an operator that couldn't remember to shut off the unload I sure wouldn't trust him to harvest my crop.

thanks thor1ststech I will try that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think the beeper is a big plus,I custom harvest and after 5000 + ac in a season in one combine a mistake is bound to happen,the customer is allways there to see a grain spill.
So I would not unhook the beeper,and a lot of other fuction alarms have saved a lot of down time,thumbs up to beeper,and turn off the music,

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Problem is,( Maybe wrong) the beeper also covers other things that are going on with the combine and you would need it as a warning, if something else was to go wrong? I agree the "unloading" thing on the display is much more a pain in the Butt.

·
Registered
162 Posts
how about the "unload auger swung out" that comes up all the time and overrides the screen and wont go away unless you click the check mark. I would like to get rid of that one before the beep that says I'm dumping, Im used to that one from the previous combines we've had

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys the address is LC1-144 for the auger swung out. Its an eight bit code meaning there is going to be eight digits. It needs to be 99999999 and that will get rid of the auger swung out.

·
Registered
162 Posts
yes, please let me know where to go into to type in the 99999999 to get rid of the auger swung out. thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
4 Posts
The thing is annoying, ill give you that. But before we upgraded a while back we had a few guys run around a 200 bu per acre field for a half hour before anyone noticed. I hate that beeper but it sure does keep the farmer off your back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
As far as know the only place get an explanation on all of the addresses on the can-bus system is to be a John-Deere service technican and have access to service advisor. As far as the auger swung out warning goes I will try to explain how to change it. Please press the green arrow up button on the armrest console to access the the can-bus system. The controller is going to be LC-1. Please scroll down to address 144. As stated before this is an 8 bit address and that they all need to be nines to turn off the warning for when the auger is in the extended postition. This is only going to get rid of the auger extended warning and not the unloading warning. I personally would not want to get rid of the unload warning, but turning the auger extended warning does make life a lot better at times. For instance when the combine is sitting full waiting on a grain cart with the auger extend. I give this advice at your own risk so please be careful and not forget that your auger is out once the warning is turned off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts