The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought a new to us 9650 2 years ago and were told the long tooth corn chaffer would do our wheat and barley just fine but we continually have problems with cleaning and getting any real fine adjustment.

This year we've decided to put in a new chaffer and sieve. I see all kinds of different styles of airflows and chaffers from several different manufacturers in my search. My question is what would you sts experts out there suggest for a chaffer replacement. I've searched the Harvest and Leowen sites and like the looks of the airfoil but can't find any outlets.

Any info, suggestions, or links would be appreciated.

·
Registered
205 Posts
You can get one through Abilene Machine, an A&I made fixed air flow chaffer,
that I find they show it for $801. plus truck freight.
Deere owns A&I, so you may check with your local Deere dealer, and save
some freight.
I have used airfoil chaffers on both a 7720 and a 9500, and they do work
well in small grains. Otherwise for all around the regular chaffer is a better
choice.

You mentioned you are replacing the sieve, that means yours is worn and
missing fins, those individual ones are replaceable, so check that out.
There are not different design styles for the sieve than factory.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why not use the general purpose version from Deere?

A & I is owned by Deere? Since when?
I am considering the general purpose but I've read of some very good results from airfoil, especially in small grains.

Our JD parts man told us today that Deere is the A&I dealer. Can't remember if he said they actually owned A&I.

I have seen where some like Harvest Services air foils and some like Loewen while others like the Gordon air jet. Then there's A&I which is a good possibility since the local Deere dealer sells them. I'd just kind of like to know if one is, necessarily, better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts