The Combine Forum banner

another deed is done

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  casefarmer 
#1 ·
took all the advice received here and in the header section and ordered the 5088 today with the 30 ft flex draper head instead of the 9570 with the flex head and air reel. $13000 less money and hopefully less repairs than my 9560. Last 2 combines were a tr89 and the 9560 but5 axial flows before that. guess as you get older you get wiser. hope this draper works out

#3 ·
Ditto on the setup. Learning how to get it set and keep it set are a must. I'd also say that year 2 and year 3 are better than year one because the head will kind of loosen up and settle in.
I made more adjustments the first year than I did all the others added together.

A good tech can really help. I was not getting the smile/frown just right on my own. The tech came out and in 15 minutes corrected my mistakes and helped know how to get it set right. Didn't have to call him again once I knew just what to look for.

#4 ·
The dealer should be setting the smile and frown on pre-delivery for you. There may be some fine tuning needed in the field, but if it's set in the yard you are 3/4 the way there already.
You folks in the US and Canada would have a bigger advantage being closer to Macdon and having the ability to utilise the Macdon people in set-up and troubleshooting

Oh and congrats. on your purchase hickup1

#6 ·
traded the 2366. it was 11 years old and the heads were 12 years old. had rebuilt everything once and didnt want to do it again. So i gues we are stil a mixed family with green and red. This smile and frown you guys are talking about i guess are the wings in relation to the center.does this have to be adjusted very often. We are mostly notill and sometimes not the smoothest

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.