The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all..

just got my 06 the other day and i can tell just running it over a few hills that it is weaker than my 05 was by a margin(had my 05 tweaked a fair bit)

the 06 now has the electronic motor and i am not sure what i can do to get more out of it, looking for around the 50 hp range more

the 06 has a chopper on it and will be running a 36 foot header, crop is looking real sweet and i do not want to be disapointed

on the 05 i had, i removed the wastegate hose and turned the pump up two turns, it brought the boost up from 20lbs to 30 lbs

thanks for the ideas

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys chip came in today, flippin ups charged me 100 dollars extra for brokage and duty...

so with 30 percent more i should be getting close to 400 hp once again, i will also plug off the waste gate line to grab a bit more boost and clean up smoke and grab a few more hp

was told by the chip builder that the chip will be payed off in fuel savings in 5 tanks of fuel... we will see

hopfully the rotor and choper belts stay together, lol

thanks again

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Re: any chips are power enhancements for a 06 2388

Hi

It should work great ,haven't had a bad comment since I started selling and installing these units in 2006.

Actually was requested to become a dealer for TS Performance by my dealer manager.We had 6 CPX 625 6 Row pickers that would not pull thru the mud and pick cotton that year.He asked me to find a way to fix it ,so I did.

In the beginning it was all about more power , in the last 6 months or so it going more to wards lowering fuel consumption.

That is why I am also a dealer for Hydro Fuel Solutions per his request again.

Happy Surfin

Maxie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.