The Combine Forum banner

Any good spraying record keeping apps

10K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  pfsl 
#1 ·
Looking for a good spraying record logging app??

#2 ·
Don't know of any, but there's gotta be something. I keep hearing of regulations from the EPA requiring absolutely accurate logging of spraying and times/conditions, and I'm sure it'd be easier to have an app to record it than trying to keep a log book.

If there isn't one, someone should make one. Just a 'fill in the blanks' app that saves your notes.

#8 ·
I couldn't be bothered to enter in every thing into a third party app. Just been logging as applied with the hardware and then Farmworks can generate the reports. Supposedly it will keep it all in the clouds and you can pull it with any mobile device but haven't ventured that far myself.

#11 ·
I also looked into Farmlogs, really like the fact that they use gps mapping, allows an employee to be sue they are in the right field. There are a few things that are weird though. Irritated me that when I drew the fields it gave me an acreage number that was fairly accurate but would not allow me to adjust it to my specific acres. Farm at hand is another but they have has some issues with data loss. Also Apps are not very secure, so watch what you input into them, and loom at the terms and conditions, some of these app company's have the right to display or sell your information.

#13 ·
I use Farmlogs like others have mentioned earlier. Climate Corporation is another that I think will let you log everything.

I've used Farmlogs for a couple years and it is very nice to be able to go back and check what chemicals i've used on a specific field. Lots of other nice historical info also. It takes some setup time to really get the farm set up but once you have your info in it's very easy to log pretty much everything you do. I do wish it wasn't so row crop based though.

You can manually enter the field acres by field and I think you can change the Units used as well. I've been happy with their customer service. They will help you work through anything you can't figure out. I've noticed that what you can do varies sometimes depending on the device you are on (phone or iPad) and even the web browser you use (Safari, Chrome, Firefox).

Both Farmlogs and Climate Corp are working on devices that will plug into your tractor, sprayer, and combine and log things for you. Let you get the data without having to use the "company" software. I think Climate Corp has a beta version out now actually. So pretty soon you can go spray come home and print out a report from the computer of your speed gallons applied and everything else that your sprayer keeps track of without having to manually enter it.

#12 ·
Im real torn between using one of these apps that only can display very little info on a screen vs using good old excel. Farmathand is built in sask so should be most suitable. A guy wants to be pretty settled before you spend many days entering stuff.

Could do it like dad, write nothing down and go farming:22:

#15 ·
I use farmworks and trimble displays. Was using 750 and switching to a FMX this year, if I get it installed. That should help with inputting info. I also use office sync. Each job is sent direct to the cloud for use with connected farm and farmworks. Makes keeping track of the records much easier. I also have a log I made. I write everything down each load. Only way I have found to track actual inventory used per load.

#17 ·
what about the note pad feature on the smart phones?

I am sooooo glad I went to an agleader integra and this is one of the HUGE reasons.

I used to keep a note pad on the dash of the tractor and enter spray dates. but lose that note pad or drop it in the field.....

now I just pull the thumb drive and take it home, I can bring up a lot of that info in the field with the integra.

on the integra you enter products when setting up a field. so when you look at your records it has product applied along with all the other mapping stuff.

#21 ·
FarmLogs

Hey everyone!

I am the cofounder and CEO of FarmLogs and am just catching up on this thread. Thanks so much for clarifying that we did NOT take any investment from Monsanto. In fact, we at FarmLogs have been very deliberate about not taking any funding from agriculture companies because we value independence. We feel that this is crucial to being an unbiased resource for farmers.

Farmboy2, we'd love to help you get set up again on FarmLogs! Please send us an email to support@farmlogs.com, and we'll be very happy to help :)

Also, just to make sure that no one else gets confused, do you think you could remove the original post about FarmLogs taking investment from Monsanto?

Thanks again for following up with the correction and your kind words!

Jesse Vollmar

#23 ·
Built my own with microsoft access. Nothing else compares to it hands down. Custom made by a custom applicator. Does everything but scratch my back. Gps map of field, actual recorded acres for field. Various reports that tell me where I was on any given day and time, once a work order enetered it stays in your face untill you bill it, tells you previous products used on field. All mundane but required entrys are automatic, you enter very little to create a work order. Tells me how much chemical needed for the work orders created, summarizes appliactor acres per hour, acres applied per customer, total acres applied for the year. Keeps track of problem pests on any given field.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.