The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what if any rumors are out about the new combines yet? I highly doubt that the bi-rotor is in it but what would they do to make it better. How are they going to drive the bigger chopping heads ect.

disclaimer: JD green is not my favorite but I have started hearing things and wondering what others have heard. I will post what I have heard if others are close, if not I will assume what I heard as just hog wash.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I also seriously doubt that Deere will bring out a full Bi-rotor combine at this time, however they may give the STS combines some Bi-Rotor tech, a bigger cleaning system, new cab, grainbin,more H.P. new chasis..etc... a True Class 8. If Deere does these things, it will keep the STS system very competive against it's main competition...the CASE AFX series. Deere already has great sucess with the STS in the market place....I doubt that they will bring out a all new threshing system to compete against Case AFX, when an greatly improved STS can do the job fine, but I could be wrong. If Deere does bring out the Bi-Rotor & it works right...that will be something indeed. I'm also looking foward to seeing Deere's all-new 4WD tractor( the Steiger Killer) & that new round bale cotton picker!!!!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
The main differences in the 70 series will be a few changes to the cab (I wish I knew more details on that) and an upgraded electrical system (whatever that means, LOL). Cosmetically and performance-wise, there won't really be much difference. From what I am hearing, the changes in the '06 60 series were probably more notable than the updates in the upcoming 70 series. Guess we'll find out for sure in August.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts