The Combine Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
There's a reason the "first" PullDozer was "invented" only a few miles away at Bridgeview. Put your potholes on the neighbors land, then buy them out. Rinse. Repeat.

·
Registered
863 Posts
No doubt it is likely productive ground, and the crops I've seen in the area have been impressive. I just can't imagine a big farmer with big modern equipment being willing, (or even able) to work around such obstacles. That is why I ask if the image is from an especially wet year, and most years it would be fenceline to fenceline?
Yes most likely that image is from a wetter year.
By the way jvw every time I see your signature it makes me smile.(y)

·
Premium Member
4,851 Posts
There's a reason the "first" PullDozer was "invented" only a few miles away at Bridgeview. Put your potholes on the neighbors land, then buy them out. Rinse. Repeat.
Water naturally runs downhill, laws of gravity apply, its your responsibility to keep it moving :)

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
I have never seen pot holes like that. Is that what drainage tiles are made for? Would they even work in that?

When it comes to investment land owners who make it their job to take advantage of farmers. &@#$ em!!! Do not lease their land, make them sell for a loss. It could be that simple. Why can farmers NOT think together and make each other our biggest enemies with competition to the point of a loss?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts