The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of the rotor in the new holland combines. You can search and see all kinds of pictures of the case and deere rotors, but I can't ever find any pictures of the new holland. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was meaning real life pictures. I have seen the linked pictures many times, but these are just drawings. I saw a blurry picture of a new holland rotor, and the illustration makes it look different. The rasp bars looked way different than the drawing from what I could tell. For instance, the illustration makes the rasp bar look like a very long and gradual ramp up to the surface. The blurry picture I saw makes it look like there is not much ramp at all.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
The drawing is from a large frame (CR9070 and up). The poster above my bed is the same one. Could try the NH parts site as well. The bars have a ramp, but they aren't all that shallow of an angle. Probably about the same as on a Case. TRs had a different separating setup, with single straight bars rather than the short paddles like the CR. Again, much like a normal case rotor. And the smaller (17" rotors) only had 2 intake flights, bar sets, and had a trailing rub bar mounted in the holes following the ones in the drawing.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank You very much for all the pictures. The pictures that wtw emailed me seem closer to the style in the illustrations. The pictures that 2 rotors supplied seem a little different. It looks like the rasp bars on this new rotor have quite a bit steeper ramp. The rasp bars themselves also look a little taller. It almost looks like the new rasp bars are as tall as case IH's small tube rotor. I have always wanted to try the new holland rotors for corn. They just seem like the design would work perfect for shearing corn. I like the older style of more gradual ramp on the rasp bar, though. It just looks a touch better for pinching and rolling the corn corn cob, without pushing it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts