The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
I think they changed their media group. The new ones have focused on Ideal like silverrod said. Doesn't matter to me Agco. No matter how hard you promote Ideal we aren't buying one. It's Gleaner or another brand. On their Gleaner page I had posted a hillside picture and they were impressed and wanted info and to be able to post it. If the same people were there they would have known they had been to our farm and made a road show segment and have all my info. Anyway Gleaner you need to get back out and show your product working in real world conditions. People like seeing that.

·
Registered
567 Posts
IMO in my conditions I feel they have got the workings pretty bloody good . It's probably things like making the engine bay tidier, making air cleaners , dipsticks and oil tanks better positioned. Stop yield monitor leaking grain. Having cruise control work of engine load instead of speed. Etc. Etc.
Isn't that the truth. That is probably asking the impossible! Our farm engineering team spends a week correcting layout of electrical, hydraulic, and fuel line issues. (Thanks Lee and Garrett.) Several have been the same through several models. I remember the old days when they had a "plant pal" assigned to each new combine sale who would call and check with the owner and see how things were going and if there were any issues. It stopped probably because it broke union protocol of a union member talking directly to a farmer of what the problems are. We haven't even had a combine school for a few years. Our territory rep has been around a few years. I think he replaced Kevin Bien though when he was the rep in our area a long time ago. Yes the good old days.

Here was a harvest bee for a neighbor that passed away. 13 combines helped and 6 if them were Gleaners. This was in 2015.
Sky Land lot Plain Landscape Grassland

·
Registered
150 Posts
Last fall I saw a (less than) Ideal that was in a neighbor's yard as a demo. Not impressed. Very little ground clearance so don't go near anything resembling wet ground. Some grain leaks near the back. Couple pulleys on the left side were out of alignment that would be hard on a drive belt.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
So any word on the SX...? View attachment 162418
If they add plastic flammable body panels Im gonna be pissed... lol

Gleaner combines are like longhood Petes. the more they leave them alone, the happier we are, and the best stuff out there on the market has metal body panels riveted together. ;)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Videos i see if one burnt and agco trucks there everyday to fix them endless updates cant be good i think agco need to wake up and push there reliable combine that the average farmer wants

·
Registered
567 Posts
I'll disagree with all that unless you can support it with evidence.
Cheek out Mike's comments last fall and if you see this year his Fendt is plugging even worse this year in lentils. I don't follow him but pop in once I awhile to see some of his videos. The Fendt is definitely having growing pains that the Gleaner has passed on through years ago.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cheek out Mike's comments last fall and if you see this year his Fendt is plugging even worse this year in lentils. I don't follow him but pop in once I awhile to see some of his videos. The Fendt is definitely having growing pains that the Gleaner has passed on through years ago.

It looks convincing if you refuse to change a view. There's little doubt it's the ducks guts and currently superior to other colours.
Gleaner experienced the same when the n6
appeared.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts