The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i started up my 05 9760 this morning the header refused to raise or lower, it worked fine when i shut it down last night. Error code said something about loss of voltage open/closed curcuit, anyhow couldn't find too much info in the books, & been sunday morning no-one at the dealers were answering there phones (must have all been at church). I managed to work out the header ecu was in the cornerpost, so i unscrewed & unhooked it & cleaned it with contact cleaner & put it back together, & hey presto it worked.
So.... has anyone got any tips on tracking down,fixing, things to check when working on the electrical side of these machines?
This is only the second electrical problem i have encountered so far (the other was a light problem) & seemed to have avoided the nightmare stories i have heard about these machines.
Can't help feeling useless trying to find a problem i can't see, at least with my ole 8820 if it was broke, usually you just go find a bolt or bearing or welder, oh well can't complain, done 2000acres in the last 2 weeks without any downtime at all.
cheers SXML

·
Registered
578 Posts
I had a friend that had the same problem and it was a ciruit board or something like that that he had to replace.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
This happens and when you take the power away from that controller and power it up it works. The program in that controller/computer did not load right so shuting it down with no power to it reloads it.
Hope it will not do this again.
All controllers have power to them when the key is off.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a update in case anyone else has the same trouble, kept having trouble with the header refusing to raise/lower when starting up, got error code e01 151911, anyhow finally tracked it down (thanks to Kim the dane) to the header ecu which is actually in the box down next to the cab door, the curcuit board on top as it sits. So after a 200km drive & a bucketload of dollars i have solved the problem, the new ecu has had a couple of updates from the old one so hopefully no more trouble for now.
cheers SXML

1 - 4 of 4 Posts