The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a combine article for my employer, and am trying to find a Deere VHS video, "Adjusting for Profit", which I believe there was at least two and perhaps three versions of, two were probably just adjustments in general and there appears to have been a corn-only version. There might be more, the one I saw so many years ago was on the "20" Series Titans, and I have reason to believe there was one for the New Generation combines in the 1973-1974 period. I don't know for sure, and neither does anyone else that I have encountered so far, anyway.

Anyway, if someone has any or all of these videos, I'm willing to beg to borrow, or buy them. Or, I have more recent combine videos to trade, or as payment for the chance to borrow. Be assured that this is a legit private research project, and neither VHS nor DVD copies are going to be showing up on eBay or anywhere else.

So, if you have something, PM me and we'll figure out a deal. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, if I manage to get some, I'd run off a copy for cost of materials + postage, but have no intentions of mass-producing them, just need them for my own project.

·
Registered
340 Posts
If you find these video's I would gladly pay you for the materials and postage for a copy. Keep me in mind.
I would help you look for them, but I don't have a clue where to start. Where did you see these at years ago? A dealership maybe?

Mark

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, Deere dealers/reps were the only ones who had them. Most dealers tossed 'em years ago, or don't give a nuts enough to look or to let you look now, or they're afraid the info is still so top secret they'll get in trouble with Deere. Oh, please.....

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Adjusting for Profit was actually intended for public viewing, and was typically placed in a drawer of other promtional videos [then on VHS format], along with a TV and VCR in the lobby of many stores.

Dealers who just carelessly tossed the tapes, were just ignorant of potential value of their education. I am told there WAS a DVD format for the Maximizers, too.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I know for a fact there was one for the CTS, because ive seen that one in a farmhouse in the outbacks of australia somewhere. Showed you what was going on, in the guts of the machine while harvesting corn and rice.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I have VHS for the CTS II, and for the 9X10 Series. I've also found that there were "Adjusting for Profit" segments in the 1973 and 1974 JD Day films. I think this quest is going to be a tougher job than I thought.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
i got one for adjusting the maximizer 9600 combines my uncle got when he ordered 2 of them brand new and he gave it to me a few years ago

i wouldn't mind a copy of these videos to i love watching old promotional videos

1 - 11 of 11 Posts