The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not really mate. Around here a 12 bag wheat crop is big and the average is probably 6-8 bags and sometimes down to 3. You need all of that 40ft to keep the machine busy.
A couple of years ago we had a 2388 with a 39ft doing more acres a day than 6088 with a 35ft. In light crops your typically speed limited not HP limited so the bigger the better.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks Nobby and sorry Don. I actually put bags cause I thought that might make more sense to you blokes over there.....obviously not lol.

Nobby got the conversion right. Anyway point being - low yielding = big fronts.....6088 will handle it.

Talking to some Norwegians over for harvest 1 year and they have 9230's running around with 25ft fronts on them in paddocks of 30 acres. They typically yeild around >10t/ha.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Have a 7088 with single tires
Will it lift and handle a 40' fd70 ?
Would rather a 35' but they seem hard to find.
Any thoughts?
What size single tires? We run a fd70 on a 7088 with 900 metrics and it handle it fine. I think a 35 ft would suit it better because in really heavy crops there is so much material to process that it tends to want to start throwing over the rotor and overloading the sieves . Other than that it runs good and handles it well!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Trace1 the combine is still in the shed
But I think tires are 30.5-32. Not for sure.
I agree I think a 35' would matchup better
Also think I'd have to put an auger
Extension on to dump a 40' header

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.