The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting into a new cart and I'm considering the scale monitor options. I currently have a Digistar 460 scale monitor with autolog on my 875 J&M Cart. I find the monitor archaic, bulky, and not easily switched between tractors once its wired into one, but it is deadly accurate (99.3% on the last 5756bu check). I've been interested in the Agrimatics product since I saw them at a farm show a few years back, and I'm wondering if their system is as accurate on weights as what I'm getting with my Digistar. Does the autolog system work well being that their is no physical sensor, just an algorithm in the software? Are there any other issues now that the technology has been out in the real world for a few years? Seems like a great way to go if it can consistently perform as well as the Digistar does.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Spent some time researching and talking to a few people about this last year when I was looking at putting a scale on a truck, my understanding of it was that accuracy should be the same because its receiving the exact same info from the weigh bars. Also I believe that the PTO signal from the digistar setup can still be used or the weight sensing method for auto logging. Also seemed much more user friendly and customizable.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Used one on a new 1194 cart this fall and it worked awsome .My son did most of the set up on it and we hauled a couple loads to a scale and calibrated it .Hauled all the winter wheat in through a scale I think around 40k bushels and it was very close don't have the paper work in front of me but we were very impressed . Time will tell haven't completely hauled other grains yet to tell just about finished Bly and it looks to be really close again .He bought a iPad for the tractor and a mount and all went good uses plenty of battery but just run off of tractor power .Hooks up to the iPhone and links up good .No problems after one season not a real long history but so far so good .All updates can bee down loaded from app.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes you can watch netflix while waiting for next load. The system runs in the back ground as long as you dont close all your running apps. I use it on my samsung tab pro 8.4. Very simple, clean and easy to use software.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.