The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if this has ever been done. I have a 06 quadtrac and a 6088 and if we get much more rain here in central IL I may need to do something or wait until it freezes. My neighbor said he heard of someone doing this in the past, but he had no more details than that.

Thanks LAB123

·
Registered
139 Posts
Re: Anyone ever put tracks from a quadtrac on a co

The Quad Track tracks are used on the 8120 and 9120 as a factory option and they can be installed as an option on 8010 combines. They are not installed on the 7120 because they require a lot of horsepower to run. I would not think it would be a good fit to put them on a 6088.

I am sure there are other track options that would be a better fit, but even on the tractor they do take a lot of power to turn those big old belts.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,199 Posts

At the factory, I was told they take 20 HP per track just to move. In extremely soft ground, a wheel will take more than that.

The tracks on the 8120/9120 have a different mounting bracket than what the QuadTrac has, plus they have a final drive so that road speeds will be the same on a tracked and wheeled combine without needing to change the gearing in the transmission. The belt is probably identical, but the mounting brackets are different.

I know this question has been asked before. I'm sure its possible if you spent some time fabricating what you need, but I've never heard of anyone doing it.

-Lance

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks for the replies I was figured it was probably a lot of trouble to make work, but desperate time call for desperate measures. Hopefully it will stay dry this week and we can get back at it without making too much of a mess of the fields. One of my neighbors put on a set of used metal tracks on a JD 9600 yesterday, I wonder how much damage thats going to do going down the road.

Thanks LAB123

1 - 4 of 4 Posts