The Combine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
I heard a guy my area is on his third combine. First two came with wrong thrashing or separation setup. Wrong concaves/sieves or whatever. Apparently the first two got sent back and the third worked. Don't really know the details.

But what are you rejecting for? Similar reasons or quality issues? If you are cancelling an order and have put a down payment in you will probably forfeit that.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I can see this happening after the next price hike.
Bought new seedhawk aug 2013, delivered April 2014 and this piece was not working according to let's say "advertised " .
If I do it again it will get paid in full after it has being working in field as advertised !
This sound ridiculous to dealers but hey if you flop 500 k I think you can demand some rules made up buy the seller , and if we all do it like that ,we made life a little less stressfull.
You can set penalty' this way for not performing and this is only ment for compensation for yield loss or extra labour involved ,.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Sorry , but if you " can not pay " there is no discussion at all.
Not sure where you wanna go?
I 'm talking about manufacture's delivering junk.
And if you only use a piece like a drill two weeks in spring they have to build something that works when left factory .

·
Registered
4 Posts
With the larger dealer's' on the prairies having no active personnel management among several other managerial defects, very little efforts are put into the PDI of equipment, by the 'techs', and coupled with poor work ethic these days and the industries inability to attract and retain the skilled personel (that want more than a paycheck), the producer has to take his chances and pick the person he wants to pre deliver his '500k' unit. Otherwise you're likely to get the company slob (Slow,Lazy,Obese,Bullheaded) who will run your new combine at governed speed while fully engaged and walk away, and if it does not explode in 2 hours, your good to go. Some times you have to feel sorry for these fools, unfortunately we have to pay for their mistakes in the long run. Pick your dealer carefully.

·
Registered
192 Posts
With the larger dealer's' on the prairies having no active personnel management among several other managerial defects, very little efforts are put into the PDI of equipment, by the 'techs', and coupled with poor work ethic these days and the industries inability to attract and retain the skilled personel (that want more than a paycheck), the producer has to take his chances and pick the person he wants to pre deliver his '500k' unit. Otherwise you're likely to get the company slob (Slow,Lazy,Obese,Bullheaded) who will run your new combine at governed speed while fully engaged and walk away, and if it does not explode in 2 hours, your good to go. Some times you have to feel sorry for these fools, unfortunately we have to pay for their mistakes in the long run. Pick your dealer carefully.
2 hrs,? That's even more thorough than most I know

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think legally you only have 24 hours to back out of a deal. Of course most Dealers will bend on that.
I used to run a dealership and we wouldn`t order anything without a down payment and if it was an odd piece of equipment we demanded a large downpayment.
The Companies like CNH and JD carry a pretty big stick....you order it you have a certain time to keep it then you start paying interest on it end of story

·
Registered
132 Posts
Only once did NH help us take back a piece of equipment that was delivered in poor condition . With Brandt augers when the first 13 inch augers came out in brown we told brandt they would take them back or take all their augers out of the yard. Brandt took them back and delivered two new blue 13 inch augers to our customers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.