The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, just wondering if any one has had any luck growing lupins in central Alberta. I am wanting to grow more crops that don't need so much fert, being as how the price of N is 980 a tone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone, just wondering if any one has had any luck growing lupins in central Alberta. I am wanting to grow more crops that don't need so much fert, being as how the price of N is 980 a tone.
Not sure if this'll be record for the longest time between post and reply, but 11 years ago you were looking into Lupins. Did you ever try them? I am looking into them now, I think they'd be a fit for the N fixing (even though N is much cheaper than it was in 2008), also thinking they'd be a fit for a post-harvest cover crop if they had a couple months maybe they could fix some N.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not sure if this'll be record for the longest time between post and reply, but 11 years ago you were looking into Lupins. Did you ever try them? I am looking into them now, I think they'd be a fit for the N fixing (even though N is much cheaper than it was in 2008), also thinking they'd be a fit for a post-harvest cover crop if they had a couple months maybe they could fix some N.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
My email address is wide open on the internet (in other places) but I rarely get any spam at all. The filters are so good on services like outlook that I don't think it even matters, except for privacy reason.

Interesting that the price of N in the original post 10 years ago is virtually the same as what I just paid today for N, if you look at actual pounds of N.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts