The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was set to buy a combine from RME in Elie when some red flags went up. Im still somewhat interested in the machine, but now have zero trust in the description. Im just starting planting so am unable to fly out there.

If anyone local has the free time to look over the machine for me, I would compensate you for your time.

Thanks, you can just send a PM for my number.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I was set to buy a combine from RME in Elie when some red flags went up. Im still somewhat interested in the machine, but now have zero trust in the description. Im just starting planting so am unable to fly out there.

If anyone local has the free time to look over the machine for me, I would compensate you for your time.

Thanks, you can just send a PM for my number.
I live 10 miles away, which combine is it your looking at?
pm me if you want

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live 10 miles away, which combine is it your looking at?
pm me if you want
Yall are quick! Another member already PMed me but if hes not interested then ill let you know. Thanks

What is your overall impression of the way the dealer does business?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im no longer considering this machine at all. This thread can be deleted. Many thanks to you both for responding so quickly, and the detailed knowledge of the machine from one unnamed source.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not until you tell us why the sudden collapse of interest?!
A sudden collapse of actual condition compared to initial perceived condition, and the fact that this thing has a reputation in the area and he almost knew of the combine by name.

That and extreme dealer deception. Have you ever asked to speak with a previous owner, and then wonder if they just send you another salesman or a friend of theirs instead? Well I have proof that it happens now.

I got very lucky this time.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Is there some kind of industry organization or govt regulation group that this could be reported to? I know we all love to hate regulations but this is the exact kind of situation that those things are meant for.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Just curious.....where did you see the ad originally.....im assuming there was an ad other than the one on Tractorhouse?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts