The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tired of switching sieves, anyone running the 1 5/8 closz slat on a lot of wheat? Currently harvesting about 3500 acres wheat and 3000 acres corn and 1000 acres beans with two 8120's and Grandad's 1480, tired of switching sieves from summer to fall and vice versa. Don't mind changing the pre sieve, it's quick and easy. Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
463 Posts
What is wrong with the 1 1/8 sieves for corn and beans? No capacity or ????
The 8120's should be able to do close to 5k hr with the 1 1/8 in 20% and under corn.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have trouble getting over about 3500 bu/hr in 20-25% corn going into our bins with the 1 1/8, so we go to the 1 5/8 and have no trouble at all. Maybe I'm in just too much of a hurry, but at that time of year there's a lot going on and I get impatient.

·
Registered
463 Posts
You should be able to get close to 4k hour out of the 1 1/8 in 23-24%. The problem might be your bottom sieve. The bottom sieve is adjustable so you have get it to open more. You need to loosen the little bolt takes 10mm. That would make the sieve open a little more. You can also get it to open more by using the buttons on the back it will go past the highest number in the cab by one or two.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I haven't tried it yet, but I am going to try the same thing next time i harvest wheat. I am able to combine soybeans using the 1-5/8 open or corn slat upper sieve and works great. I just close it some. I am hoping i can do the same with wheat using closz slat?!?!? I do agree with you on wet corn. I have to go with corn slat to get 5 mph/3000-4000 bph. 12 row head 180-220bpa. I have found 18% moisture is a big difference... under that, unbelievable capacity; over it, i slow down some. good luck

·
Registered
48 Posts
Have ran the 1 5/8 in low yielding wheat and it did work but sample wasn't great and it was very easy to fill the fan with grain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts