The Combine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking on the Honeybee website and saw that they had two new headers .
Honey Bee

The 4000 series and the AirFlex.

both look interesting .I know we run the 36' 94c on our Cr 960 . and well its not as bad header its just heavy. Every farmer around here that is buying new is putting the MacDon headers on.

so that being said anyone seen these headers yet?

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
I guess it wasn't ten years ago that Honey Bee completely dominated our area. Since then Mac Don has taken that role. We run a 09 30ft Honey Bee right now, and we really like it. Three years down the road we need a new head but Mac Dons have gotten RIDICULOUS in price! If HB can make a header like they used too at a much cheaper price, they have our vote

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was hoping to get a 40 foot 4000 series for harvest this year but my dealer put a stop to that real quick. I have a 36foot 2013 model honeybee and they wanted 50000 to boot !!! Needless to say I will be running the one I have till it is completely wore out. To bad the 4000 looks like a very nice head.

·
Registered
430 Posts
At the Red Deer show I asked why they don't offer a rigid style and eliminate the BS lateral tilt spring crap adapter, most later model combines and I would imagine all new combines being purchased for the most part have contour master/lateral tilt option so it isn't necessary plus I am tired of fixing header tires, the particular guy I was talking to told me that if they were to do that there would be no way to control header height and I mentioned head sight would do everything anybody would need he said he had never herd of it :confused: that being said my next head will prob be a JD FD ;)

VR

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
At the Red Deer show I asked why they don't offer a rigid style and eliminate the BS lateral tilt spring crap adapter, most later model combines and I would imagine all new combines being purchased for the most part have contour master/lateral tilt option so it isn't necessary plus I am tired of fixing header tires, the particular guy I was talking to told me that if they were to do that there would be no way to control header height and I mentioned head sight would do everything anybody would need he said he had never herd of it :confused: that being said my next head will prob be a JD FD ;)

VR
I kind of like having both, it's the old belt and suspenders thing:D or all three, lateral tilt suspension and head sight then you can cruise stress free.

·
Premium Member
4,091 Posts

VR
Honeybee has been offering Headsight as a factory installed option for at least 3 years.

·
Registered
224 Posts
We just got a new 36ft. We also have a 2 year old sp36. They are awesome headers. The adapters with springs works great. We also run lateral tilt. It is a great combination. I have ran headers with out the floating adapter and did not like it. The gauge wheels seam to work great. I can't find anything I dislike about this header.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Nice to see they finally built a reel but to me it looks like they really only caught up to the MacDons. Too bad the Airflex doesn't include the ability for the reel to follow the cutterbar.

I like that they showed their header straight combining canola. Maybe this year I'll attempt that feat.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Too bad the Airflex doesn't include the ability for the reel to follow the cutterbar.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that was a failure already in the GBP.

I find it interesting how many features have been modified and reintroduced from early days.

Indeed the reel is interesting .

·
Registered
65 Posts
Honeybee has been offering Headsight as a factory installed option for at least 3 years.
That is not correct. Honeybee only pre wires their heads for headsight, they know NOTHING about headsight, they do not install it, and do not know how to make it work. We have a 36' 4000 series and I have spent over 2 hours on my cell with Headsight, and still can't make it work correctly and Honeybee has been no help at all. I want my 94C back. I would not recommend a 4000 series header.

·
Premium Member
4,091 Posts
That is not correct. Honeybee only pre wires their heads for headsight, they know NOTHING about headsight, they do not install it, and do not know how to make it work. We have a 36' 4000 series and I have spent over 2 hours on my cell with Headsight, and still can't make it work correctly and Honeybee has been no help at all. I want my 94C back. I would not recommend a 4000 series header.
They used to, I saw some new grain belt headers sitting on a John Deere and also a Newholland lot with factory installed Headsight sensors.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Is there a chance you have the wrong sensor ( I don't know if that is possible on Head sight) ,I do know the Honeybee HHC use two different sensors on NH combines depending on the year .It is a voltage thing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.