The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if there is a program like APEX out there that is more user friendly and will accept data from other brands? We are currently mapping out seeding/planting and harvest data. We hire our spraying done and they use the case IH setup.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I just bought Apex, wishing I didn't now, got forced by my dealer :mad:

I'd suggest AgLeader SMS Basic or Advanced. You can do a 30 day trial.
SMS accepts a large variety of file types/makes, so you should have some luck there. However it is more expensive, but well worth it.

Apex is very basic in my own opinion, SMS is the best on the market, it does everything.

There is another called Farmworks by case (i think??)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am trying to get away from JD. Twice we had issues with flaws in their program and when trying to resolve it I had to pay for a service agreement in order for them to realize the fault in the program. Kinda pissed me off. Also looking at other "colors" and am tired of being married to JD.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FJ...That is true but to get someone to talk to you, you have to buy a yearly service agreement. For instance right now I cannot get apex to load my field boundaries onto my card since the latest upgrade. Tried to restore the old version but then the data wont load because it is converted to a newer version. And as far as local dealer support, thats such a bad joke its not funny.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Roll the dice. Talked to others that upgraded, couple had no problems, one had other issues. Think things might get a bit scrambled at times in the download. Going to have to do some playing/investigating when I have more time and not under stress to get combining.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.