The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting some quotes done to improve infrastructure around my dryer, are bucket elevators the way to go? I have no interest in a blower. Will be feeding 52' tall hopper bins.

·
Registered
27 Posts
In our system we have four of them all auto. Dump truck and gone. 15000 wet fed by one leg, then another that feeds dryer from wet, a third from dryer to 20000 overhead dry, and fourth to 100k storage bins. Keeps up to a 690 and 680 in 18 moisture wheat in 24hr period. Took 12 yrs to get it to this.

·
Registered
705 Posts
In our system we have four of them all auto. Dump truck and gone. 15000 wet fed by one leg, then another that feeds dryer from wet, a third from dryer to 20000 overhead dry, and fourth to 100k storage bins. Keeps up to a 690 and 680 in 18 moisture wheat in 24hr period. Took 12 yrs to get it to this.
Any pics? We are brainstorming what the next step/upgrade to our drying system will be...the 1970's Vertec, small bins, augers, just isn't cutting it anymore by a long shot.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Any pics? We are brainstorming what the next step/upgrade to our drying system will be...the 1970's Vertec, small bins, augers, just isn't cutting it anymore by a long shot.
Ours isn't that fancy but it works for is. Wr added more wet storage up front doubling it to 240 MT. Still a full time job moving and transferring grain everyday.
It did allow us to presell and deliver 2000 MT before the end of September while everyone else waited on the weather.

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
Ours isn't that fancy but it works for is. Wr added more wet storage up front doubling it to 240 MT. Still a full time job moving and transferring grain everyday.
It did allow us to presell and deliver 2000 MT before the end of September while everyone else waited on the weather.
This looks like the scale of setup our operation might be able to afford some day, as much as I like seeing the bigger setups such as SWMan's thread!

I'm a little confused about where dry grain goes... I think I see two legs beside the dryer, is there a surge bin behind the meridians that dumps into the blue leg?

Looks like the blue leg dumps into 4 flat bottoms to the left of photo, does it also unload them and do you like it that way?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sorry don't have a drone picture of the whole setup.
The dry grain bins 2x 100 Mt. Are behind the dryer. There is a drag connecting it to the blue leg so everything is connected.
A leg at 1500 BPH empties the dryer
A small utility auger @6" charges the wet leg into the dryer. It's at a small incline so there are no issues putting 25% wet grain into it.
There is 8x. 275Mt westeel flat bins on concrete to the left of dryer with 3x 60 Mt hoppers centered between the 2 rows of 4. Bigger bins. Overhead drags fill these 3 rows of bins here.
To unload these bins there is another central drag under the 60 MT hoppers feeding back into the blue leg.
The blue leg has 6x9 cups and is rated at 4000 BPH. Which is somewhat close. Unloads a tridem of wheat in 20 mins.

If I was to do something different I would add a separate leg to feed the wet bins into the dryer. When you empty the dry bins in the morning after drying all night you end up tying up the main blue leg. Or if you are harvesting and filling wet bins, you cannot fill the load out Hopper bins to move grain out of the drying system or yo ship it to the terminal.

Usually ties up a guy fulltime if you are shipping / harvesting / And drying all at the same time.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Like the looks of your set up. How tall is the blue leg ?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Bucket leg DEFINITELY the way to go.
It's why every elevator uses them.
This is the only pic I have handy... 2, 1000 BPH legs. One 40' wet feeding the dryer and a 60' for the dry side.
1 wet 7600 bu hopper
2 dry 7600 bu hoppers
20191010_203647.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts