The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
So I did a bit of looking into this and found this website Canadian Food Inspection Agency - Canola

and so correct me if I am wrong but these variety's are either rejected from getting PBR or they have surrendered them which means the seed is likely no longer produced so unless you have any in your bin you may be SOL but its a large list of variety's you can seed many I have never heard of

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
SW Wizard, and AC Foremost, are still available and they are OP, you can save the seed but cannot sell it as seed, just food. i planted both together last year for hybrid vigor and sprayed it with centurion. You have to have very clean fields to begin with because there is no control for broad leafs, my yields suck since i am still trying to get my abused land to produce average yields.

If you have a really clean field and have good nutrients i could see 30-34 bu/ac. Centurion at the time was $6 per ac to spray, seed was $2.50 lbs. the pods were crazy big in the low black soil areas. But what a mess for weeds next year.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
SW Wizard, and AC Foremost, are still available and they are OP, you can save the seed but cannot sell it as seed, just food. i planted both together last year for hybrid vigor and sprayed it with centurion. You have to have very clean fields to begin with because there is no control for broad leafs, my yields suck since i am still trying to get my abused land to produce average yields.

If you have a really clean field and have good nutrients i could see 30-34 bu/ac. Centurion at the time was $6 per ac to spray, seed was $2.50 lbs. the pods were crazy big in the low black soil areas. But what a mess for weeds next year.
Why couldn't you have used muster? Everyone used to before herbicide tolerant varieties.

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
That is what my chemical guy recommended, would muster do a better job? Centurion got all the grass species but the thistle was crazy. How much different is muster then Centurion? he also recommended edge granular to work in, but i didn't have the equipment to spread it on at the recommended rate, also it was $30 an acre.

·
Premium Member
5,965 Posts
Muster is a broadleaf herbicide for all canolas. It's a granular like refine. If your rep can't get it pm me. I can ;)

If you switch centurion with assure ii you get way better control of foxtail barley.

Nowadays a lot of the company chem salesmen don't know half the products available.

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
Muster is a broadleaf herbicide for all canolas. It's a granular like refine. If your rep can't get it pm me. I can ;)

If you switch centurion with assure ii you get way better control of foxtail barley.

Nowadays a lot of the company chem salesmen don't know half the products available.
Thanks for the info, i will definitely keep this in mind for next year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.