The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys lookin for some more input on the older john deere 8430 articulated tractor. Now I know they weren't the most popular but I do know some people have had good luck with them. I'm looking at one with 6200 hrs but about 2000 on a JD reman 40 series engine. Tractor is all original other than the engine. Very clean and straight and runs good. I don't farm a lot of ground but enough that I need another tractor for some tillage work, maybe a small grain cart.. I won't put a ton of hours on it per year and wouldn't work it hard. Just trying to get all info and help I can get on what to look for.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I went and looked at the tractor yesterday. Fired right up and sounded good. It's definitely an old tractor but very straight just needing a few things to make it more comfortable but I could take it to the field now. Made the dealer an offer and bought it so all I gotta do is get it home!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.